Away fans to be pitch-side

Leon

So where in SJP will we put them? 

Premier League clubs agree at least one block of away fans must be located pitch-side in every PL ground from next season.

Edited by MiddleAgeCool

Might wake Stevie and the rest of the slumbering Leazes end up if they're in the NE corner. Thing is that section won't hold anywhere near the 2-3k that half of L7 does at the moment. I see trouble for Leazes Enders and possibly even my former comrades in the east stand, flasks and tartan travel rugs to the barricades :D

Yes that's true, it' shard to see how they'll make this happen without people getting shunted out of their seats again 

Surely if it's to implement a change in the rules, there won't be too many complaints? Especially given the good will towards the club at the moment?

Surely if it's to implement a change in the rules, there won't be too many complaints? Especially given the good will towards the club at the moment?

Hope so - I think it's definitely a good decision to have away supporters close to the pitch, but people are always a bit miffed when they're told they need to move their seats. It's collateral damage

Won't they just put them in the same corner as they are now, but at pitchside?

Because it joins up with the East stand at pitch level and would be a nightmare segregating fans during the match let alone getting into shared turnstiles. It's the same on all 4 corners of the ground unfortunately

80307A8E-690B-4F1A-A772-D4C226DB27F5_zps

Because it joins up with the East stand at pitch level and would be a nightmare segregating fans during the match let alone getting into shared turnstiles. It's the same on all 4 corners of the ground unfortunately

80307A8E-690B-4F1A-A772-D4C226DB27F5_zps

Yeah, but if it's the same on all four corners, why would it not be there? Can't imagine the away fans would be put at pitch side anywhere other than a corner?

That's were they used to be before L7 was added.

I seem to remember some early European match when only 4 ( might've just been 1) blokes turned up for the away side, at the end of the match a couple of our lads jumped over from the East stand seats, ran up to them/him, shook hands and dragged them off to a bar :lol: