Privatisation of the NHS

Anorthernsoul

It's what makes the current issue so difficult.

If support was available, we'd just pay £5.5m now and get a patch.

Microsoft aren't supporting XP anywhere at any cost and will not patch. NHS using it at risk for 2 years fully aware of that.

Them and MS and the NSA I believe.

Something that relies on computer systems to literally keep people alive should never be running on software thats out of support, this should never have been a problem for many reasons.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

For claeity, is it still the Tories being negligent?

Probably.

Debatable whether the ask got to Hunt's desk or NHS execs made the decision due to budget cuts.... Which would ultimately be Tories too 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

When money is tight investment in IT is going to be one of the first things to go.

Yep, and look where that gets you...

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

When money is tight investment in IT is going to be one of the first things to go.

Which is a ludicrous position in this day and age.

23 hours ago, Happy Face said:

It's what makes the current issue so difficult.

If support was available, we'd just pay £5.5m now and get a patch.

Microsoft aren't supporting XP anywhere at any cost and will not patch. NHS using it at risk for 2 years fully aware of that.

Theres not a day goes by I don't get a warning flash up on my computer saying 'this is not an official copy of windows' or 'the webpage you are viewing is not compatible with your version of windows'. I think we are the only business that still uses fax machines daily too

Priorities - they're investing what is probably billions in GCQQ and the need to record everone's browser history but can't spare the money to protect patient's data and prevent actions which actually result in fucking A&E units shutting down.

We get big grants off the US to upgrade GCHQ and share all our citizens data, and that of their own citizens, with then though.

It is somewhat ironic that the US built the snooping tools that have jeopardised our healthcare while funding our own snooping they claim to "keep us safe".

I imagine deep down they want to destroy our free healthcare. ;)

There is a ratio apparently about how much data you gather and the efficiency of analysis. The more data they gather the cloudier the picture gets. A friend who works inside the dark corridors told me they passed that point about 15 years ago and it would actually make more sense now to start wiping data. :spit:

Edited by Park Life

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Selling off contracts to the lowest bidder is so fucking backwards. It almost always results in them doing a bad job as they cut corners to save money. Usually end up needing bailed out within 12 months 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11334809/Company-running-only-private-NHS-hospital-pulls-out-of-contract-amid-AandE-crisis-and-complaints-of-abuse.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44956180