Pussy Grabbing Bumbaclarts vs Leeds United

The Fish

He was fit last week wasn't he?

Leeds are pretty irrelevant to me.  It's only their relative geographical proximity to us and the fact they have one of the larger supports in this division (when they bother to turn up) that makes me care more than any other game.  That said, I'm going on Sunday and really looking forward to it.  But probably no more than I was Barnsley or Preston.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Gayle fit again?

I think so, he's likely to play since Mitro has been away on international duty.

I like that we play with one striker but seem to have managed to have two in form strikers at the same time anyway

We got beat 1-0, were given a measly 1000 tickets after giving them the leazes end on the opening day. That's the game Jones was lifting weights as our players came out to 'intimidate' them and Budgie took the piss out of him.

I'd forgotten about that :lol: just as I'd forgotten the score... :huh:

They basically sacked Bournemouth on the last day of that season. I was at the beam back at sjp, we got twatted at boro..4-1?...

I think it's the total lack of humility, there's a vocal portion of their fanbase that maintain the illusion that they're a relevant club and list the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and the like as their rivals. When in truth, their rivals are Ipswich, Wolves and Cardiff. 

When we went down last time it brought us back to earth with a bump, to the point that when we finished 5th in the Premier League soon after, most expected us to revert to midtable the following year. The "deluded Geordie" cliche is still trotted out, but these Leeds fans are surely the more deluded? They honestly believe everybody actively hates them (and they take some odd pride in that) when really nobody thinks about them until they're to face them in a fixture. Even then it's usually a "Oh yeah, Leeds, they're a pack of angry cunts aren't they?".

It's a similar reaction to Millwall or Cardiff, you know the team are going to be aggressive, the fans will act like extras from Green Street and they'll claim they out sung, out drank and outfought your lot whatever happens.

The lads on MOTforum seem to buck that trend, but Waccoe is just illiterate bile from furious chavs. :lol:

I think it's the total lack of humility, there's a vocal portion of their fanbase that maintain the illusion that they're a relevant club and list the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and the like as their rivals. When in truth, their rivals are Ipswich, Wolves and Cardiff. 

When we went down last time it brought us back to earth with a bump, to the point that when we finished 5th in the Premier League soon after, most expected us to revert to midtable the following year. The "deluded Geordie" cliche is still trotted out, but these Leeds fans are surely the more deluded? They honestly believe everybody actively hates them (and they take some odd pride in that) when really nobody thinks about them until they're to face them in a fixture. Even then it's usually a "Oh yeah, Leeds, they're a pack of angry cunts aren't they?".

It's a similar reaction to Millwall or Cardiff, you know the team are going to be aggressive, the fans will act like extras from Green Street and they'll claim they out sung, out drank and outfought your lot whatever happens.

The lads on MOTforum seem to buck that trend, but Waccoe is just illiterate bile from furious chavs. :lol:

waccoe, what is the deal with that name? They never won a european trophy did they?

edit: Ah no I am wrong! They won the fairs cup twice.

Which I think means we're champions of europe right?

Just read about the match on Wikipedia and while they may have not had the "rub of the green" two of their defenders effectively ended the careers of two Bayern players so they can hardly complain too much.

Oh then they went on the rampage and got banned for 4 years reduced to 2 on appeal.

Just read about the match on Wikipedia and while they may have not had the "rub of the green" two of their defenders effectively ended the careers of two Bayern players so they can hardly complain too much.

Oh then they went on the rampage and got banned for 4 years reduced to 2 on appeal.

That's unlike them.

Think it's going to be a tricky one in the vain of Preston and Bristol City away. Would take a point tbh, but love to see us stick it to them.

Genuinely amazed by the levels of bile Fish received on that site.

I'm not surprised at all, especially in the days of the internet. I like Yorkshire but they've definitely got a higher than normal percentage of divvies. (Mind, our percentage is also on the rise IMO which is a shame).

Dont we need Shelvey for most of that though? Do we know what's happening with him yet?

Gayle and Ritchie take a few of the freekicks, don't they? But yeah, he'll be a big loss. The good news is how poor they apparently are at set pieces, vs how good we've been.

Plus if their play is mainly down the flanks, if we can starve them of the ball, we should be able to nullify their attacks, no?

Gayle and Ritchie take a few of the freekicks, don't they? But yeah, he'll be a big loss. The good news is how poor they apparently are at set pieces, vs how good we've been.

Plus if their play is mainly down the flanks, if we can starve them of the ball, we should be able to nullify their attacks, no?

I guess so, just a bit concerned about the relative loss of creativity. I suspect we'll win but I think it's going to be a harder fought slog now than it would have been. More like the Newcastle of last season in terms of style.

I guess so, just a bit concerned about the relative loss of creativity. I suspect we'll win but I think it's going to be a harder fought slog now than it would have been. More like the Newcastle of last season in terms of style.

If we play a more ground based game, with Diame, Yedlin, Gouffran/Atsu, carrying the ball rather than trying to Shelvey it, we will keep more possession but will not be able to unlock their defence as easily.

Which is fine by me.

I'm not surprised at all, especially in the days of the internet. I like Yorkshire but they've definitely got a higher than normal percentage of divvies. (Mind, our percentage is also on the rise IMO which is a shame).

Guys, I think I posted when Fish posted the questionnaire at the beginning of the season. Waccoe is an awful site. I am a Leeds fan and I don't even post on there. It's like Twitter. A few good people, but the rest are absolute idiots.

If you need to ask any questions please go to http://forum.thesquareball.net/viewforum.php?f=1 It is not as busy as Waccoe (but probably most popular fan site), but at least it has a Mag and you will get a normal response! You might get a little banter ( a few insults) and probably get called a Ball boy C@nt  :glare:, but you not get the level of abuse that you get on the other site.

Please do not think all Leeds fans are like this, but we (The Square Ball users) think that site is an embarrassment to most Leeds fans. When Fish posted the questions in August, he got a good response. God knows why they are carrying on like this now....

Also, in response to the 'divvie' reply, please do not assume all Leeds fans are from Yorkshire! The majority of responses that Fish may have received will be from fans not actually based in Leeds!

Agreed. Most are Chavs, as pointed out in my other post.  The MOTforum and The Square Ball buck the trend as mentioned.

By the way, not sure why you think we still think Manu and Liverpool are our rivals. They're not and the majority of Leeds fans will admit that. I think they will say that we have a history with them now, we havn't not forgotten about then and they haven't forgotten about us, but we do not consider them to be our rivals at this current time. Put that question on any of the forums and they will agree with you in that respect.

Agreed. Most are Chavs, as pointed out in my other post.  The MOTforum and The Square Ball buck the trend as mentioned.

By the way, not sure why you think we still think Manu and Liverpool are our rivals. They're not and the majority of Leeds fans will admit that. I think they will say that we have a history with them now, we havn't not forgotten about then and they haven't forgotten about us, but we do not consider them to be our rivals at this current time. Put that question on any of the forums and they will agree with you in that respect.

It's probably a vocal minority on Waccoe that convinced me of that, to be fair.

My Waccoe profile is being censored, as according to them I'm an Away fan WUM. :lol: There's been threats of actual physical violence against me, but I've been censored because... I guess because a few of their members are keyboard warriors and have got themselves all in a tizz?

It's probably a vocal minority on Waccoe that convinced me of that, to be fair.

My Waccoe profile is being censored, as according to them I'm an Away fan WUM. :lol: There's been threats of actual physical violence against me, but I've been censored because... I guess because a few of their members are keyboard warriors and have got themselves all in a tizz?

They're idiots. Typical Twitter fodder. Give them a platform and they will spout any old crap. As I said you received a good response initially with the questionnaire. It now seems as though the other side of fan forum life have come out to play. Forget that site. I do. I only pop on to see any latest news or to see if there are any decent discussions or inside Leeds knowledge, but the topics on offer are from your typical schoolboy prepubescent "fan". Don't get me wrong, there are some good people on there, but t's hit or miss. You can have some good discussions, but it's often taken over by people wanting to seem more important than they actually are.

Try MOT or The Square Ball next time. More of your mature late 20s, 30s - 40s (sometimes 50s) audience.....!