Pussy Grabbing Bumbaclarts vs Leeds United

The Fish

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one? "Marching On Together", or "We are champions, champions of Europe"?

Be interesting if Shelvey is suspended or dropped for the Leeds game, will Rafa shift from 4-2-3-1 and put more emphasis on creativity from the flanks? or will he stick his preferred formation and pop Diame or Colback into Shelvey's role?

Champions of Europe.

If Colback replaces Shelvey we're going to have to look to the flanks for creativity because there will be none in the middle.

Which one? "Marching On Together", or "We are champions, champions of Europe"?

Be interesting if Shelvey is suspended or dropped for the Leeds game, will Rafa shift from 4-2-3-1 and put more emphasis on creativity from the flanks? or will he stick his preferred formation and pop Diame or Colback into Shelvey's role?

can't see him changing his formation. he's got them well drilled playing his preferred system. 

Why is their site called that?

I actually fancy a draw for this one.  They're not in bad form and the internationals and a possible suspension for Shelvey could hurt us a bit.  

It's a wank chant they have.

Hopefully we give them a stoving and then the Scousers do them in the cup mid-week.

It's a wank chant they have.

Hopefully we give them a stoving and then the Scousers do them in the cup mid-week.

They chant that they're champions of Europe?  Strange thing for a championship club who haven't been champions of Europe to sing.

They did win the Fairs cup twice.

And we won it once.  Neither of us have been champions of Europe though.  There may have been as many good or better teams in the fairs cup then as there was in the European Cup but winning the latter is what would have made you champions of Europe.

Has he ever played there?  I don't like playing players out of position.

I don't like it either, but if the alternative is Anita or Colback trying to be the creative pivot in the centre... I mean, Anita is decent at fullback at this level because he understands the tactical role and he can run and disrupt an attack. But stick him in the centre and while he understands what is required, he just hasn't the passing range, technique or vision to really act as a playmaker.

I guess I'd rather the creative side of the role be satisfied, rather than the comfort in the position?

Am in attendance on Sunday, Leeds away will always be a big game for me, regardless of their perceived status (on the Internet?! ;) ) Their record from mid 60s to the mid 70s coupled with their fuckin turbo nutter bastard supporters of that era means that they're still remembered with a shudder by lots of supporters and there's still the whiff of sulphur hanging around that club to this day iyam.

First time I went was 89 (I think) the team warmed up in front of the traditional home end to show Vinny Jones and his mates that we weren't going to be intimidated by any fucker that day. Think we got a good away point but the less said about the end of that season the better :glare:

Am in attendance on Sunday, Leeds away will always be a big game for me, regardless of their perceived status (on the Internet?! ;) ) Their record from mid 60s to the mid 70s coupled with their fuckin turbo nutter bastard supporters of that era means that they're still remembered with a shudder by lots of supporters and there's still the whiff of sulphur hanging around that club to this day iyam.

First time I went was 89 (I think) the team warmed up in front of the traditional home end to show Vinny Jones and his mates that we weren't going to be intimidated by any fucker that day. Think we got a good away point but the less said about the end of that season the better :glare:

We got beat 1-0, were given a measly 1000 tickets after giving them the leazes end on the opening day. That's the game Jones was lifting weights as our players came out to 'intimidate' them and Budgie took the piss out of him.

Is it though? It's not like we even really care about this game now, is it? I don't... We may as well be playing Rotherham for all I care. I think that's a shame! :lol:

I don't actively dislike them, I just don't like them. They've always seemed like a cuntish type of club and fan to me. I didn't like the way they behaved in the Risdale years and my opinion of them hasn't improved under the stewardship of Ken Bates and the latest lunatic. They seem desperate to be relevant to other clubs and that's why I find their current mediocrity to be amusing.