Snoopers Charter becomes law

Happy Face

:lol: You're quite possibly right about that.

I saw the row thing earlier this morning as well. McDonnell going off message again by the sounds of things, although it's also tedious in the extreme to hear that there are yet more internal squabbles surfacing.

If they aren't thinking about coherent and credible strategies at this point then they really are fucked. Although with that said, the Tories are doing the exact same thing so who knows, maybe we're in a post-strategy era.

There is a group in the PLP that are determined to stop the Labour party even moving slightly to the left. The Blairites are well connected and very determined.

• 1 month later...

“General and indiscriminate retention” of emails and electronic communications by governments is illegal, the EU’s highest court has ruled in a judgment that could trigger challenges against the UK’s new Investigatory Powers Act, the so-called snooper’s charter.''

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/dec/21/eus-highest-court-delivers-blow-to-uk-snoopers-charter

It was the Brexit minister who brought the case to the EU in the first place :lol: 

Reckon may will be chucking him under a bus in very short order if her previous form is owt to go by.

It was the Brexit minister who brought the case to the EU in the first place [emoji38]

Reckon may will be chucking him under a bus in very short order if her previous form is owt to go by.

As I said when he was appointed, being an advocate for privacy is all he's really known for which made it a bit strange.

His argument against nothing to hide seems weak.

The fact I have nothing to hide is irrelevant. Solicitors, activists, protesters, journalists, politicians, celebrities and many others have a great deal to hide and it's very important they be allowed to.

That's regardless of the fact that nobody making that argument would share their email login and password for the rest of us to go and read, so they actual do value some privacy.

Edit: I should have tread the whole article before questioning the first paragraph.