President Biden

Happy Face

perhaps it's nothing to worry about but the parallels with the 1930s, for me, are frightening. a long depression back then was followed by the rise of populism, strong man leaders who oversaw the rise of far-right nationalism, which eventually led to war and, well we know how that ended. 

Yes we do, and that was a very real concern for me too - up until Trump. Trump is not as smart, charismatic, or remotely competent as Hitler. If we absolutely have to have a "far right" President, then I would pick someone as fucking useless as Trump every time. Far better than someone competent. And anyone competent who could come along after this, now has to also explain away the right's failure under Trump. He's soiled them.

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Some magazine is planning to run a full pre-NDA interview with Stormy Daniels this week. 

You can see how a lot of his base will admire him but it's almost funny to see how the evangelicals will react. 

Why have they been sitting on this since before the election?

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

perhaps it's nothing to worry about but the parallels with the 1930s, for me, are frightening. a long depression back then was followed by the rise of populism, strong man leaders who oversaw the rise of far-right nationalism, which eventually led to war and, well we know how that ended. 

Relax man. 

No way they’ll re-introduce rationing. 

I feel like his entire staff has got the hump with being abused all the time and are just setting him up with this shite.

It's reached a new level of performance art in recent weeks.

He went on Marr yesterday and said something like "ooh it's a bit weird when your mate becomes POTUS".... I think at that point if I were Marr I'd have saif something along the lines of how the fuck can you be objective and hold him properly to account if you claim to be his friend? But Marr didn't, because he too is part of the cosy media/politician gang which renders nearly all comment from leading figures in both camps as utter fuckin bollocks...

• Like 1

We're living in an era when a fanny like Morgan, a former pop gossip columnist is 'interviewing' World leaders. (Then again, this world leader is an entitled rich OAP manchild who somehow became the President of the US. Mental times and mental figures like these two, Farage and Johnson.*

*Fucked if I'm calling him just 'Boris'.

30 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He has refused to enforce sanctions against Russia despite his own head of the CIA saying that he expects them to interfere with US elections this year. He couldn't be more blatant.

He's a patriot though.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden