President Biden

Happy Face

Harley-Davidson plans to shift some motorcycle production away from the US to avoid the "substantial" burden of European Union tariffs.

Last week, the EU imposed retaliatory tariffs on US goods, including bourbon, orange juice and motorcycles.

Wisconsin-based Harley-Davidson has assembly plants in Australia, Brazil, India and Thailand.

The company said it would raise investment in its international plants, but did not say which ones.

"To address the substantial cost of this tariff burden long-term, Harley-Davidson will be implementing a plan to shift production of motorcycles for EU destinations from the US to its international facilities to avoid the tariff burden," the company said in an official filing to the US market regulator.

Harley-Davidson said it expected the ramp-up in production to take nine to 18 months.

MAGA!

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

MAGA!

Project FEAR!!!!!!

Oh wait, shitty politics hits workers like this wherever there is shitty politics going on.

It sounds more like the guy had history with the newspaper given he 'sued them for defamation in 2012'. Not sure this one has much to do with Trump.

He's just another fruitloop.

I dunno man, the media frequently get called out as liars by more people than just Trump. Not sure it means anyone is actively advocating violence. As far as I know, Trump hasn't said anyone should be harmed, just that their ratings will fall.

If your contention is that he is normalising mistrust in the media, I would say that we were at that point long before Trump was on the scene. In fact, I think that evidence is that trust in the media has actually increased in the Trump era.

Open to having my mind changed on this tbf, but of the many things Trump is guilty of, I'm not sure about this one.

Well that cunt Milo was recently advocating shooting journalists, it isn't beyond belief that Trumps message of fake media could be taken further by his followers.

Obviously there was previous with this incident but the constant reinforcement by Trump that the media are partisan and not to be trusted could well have had an affect. I've no evidence to back that, it's just a possibility.

• Like 1

Fair enough with Milo, he has definitely aligned himself with Trump. It's possible I guess and certainly this all exists in a similar climate to the Jo Cox killing.

I think Bannon  & co saw him coming and just stroked his gigantic ego, then convinced the GOP it was a good idea. Add in Russian bot farms and the easily led losers of what could be termed handing over government to corporations and there you have it.... a recipe for facism....

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden