President Biden

Happy Face

On 21/05/2019 at 09:42, Tom said:

Fair play to the yanks like, they’re committed.

They must be constantly looking for a scrap.

Them Yankee lads could start a war in an empty continent.

On 16/05/2019 at 09:12, Howmanheyman said:

Good luck to the fucker, if people are stupid enough to fund that then it might as well go to a piss taker.

Agreed. They’ll just convince themselves it’s fake news anyway 

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48469408

He’s really lost it this time. US businesses are going to be writing blank cheques to the Democrats for the election.

Will it matter? Mexico either sorts out illegal immigration themselves, or through tariffs they pay for his damn wall...

It's not a stupid move, just a fucking bold one. I imagine he will get a lot of positive press out of this amongst his backers.

No one can sort out illegal immigration. It's desperate people crossing a border that is thousands of miles long. You can't make it stop. 

American people and businesses are the ones paying for all these tariffs. He's either too stupid to realise or he doesn't give a shit. 

30 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Will it matter? Mexico either sorts out illegal immigration themselves, or through tariffs they pay for his damn wall...

It's not a stupid move, just a fucking bold one. I imagine he will get a lot of positive press out of this amongst his backers.

Of course it's stupid. Loads of American companies have plants in Mexico or are reliant on goods from Mexico in their supply chain. To turn around and slap a 25% tariff on those goods for political reasons is going to backfire on him.

I'm just saying, I think he's teflon with things like this now.

Also, as an aside, I do think he's going to end this term of his presidency having killed fewer people internationally than Obama. He doesn't look poised to kick off any wars or invasions to me, for all the sabre rattling.

35 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You guys really don't think this will work with his voter base?

I don't think his voter base is large enough to win re-election, and he's poisoned the well with most everyone else in the country. The former Obama voters he won over in 2016 ain't voting red again. 

2 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

I don't think his voter base is large enough to win re-election, and he's poisoned the well with most everyone else in the country. The former Obama voters he won over in 2016 ain't voting red again. 

Well, fair enough - his approval ratings are lower than Obama's but only by a c.4 points. A lot will depend on who the Dems put forward I suppose.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Also, as an aside, I do think he's going to end this term of his presidency having killed fewer people internationally than Obama. He doesn't look poised to kick off any wars or invasions to me, for all the sabre rattling.

Probably the only useful side-effect of his inability to get anything done, yeah.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I'm just saying, I think he's teflon with things like this now.

He's going to kill a lot more with his environmental policies than his foreign policy.

As for his tariffs, hasn't he just signed a trade deal with Mexico and Canada. And this is the bloke Brexiteers think is going to give us a great trade deal after Brexit

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden