President Biden

Happy Face

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

It was always going to be. Anyone who thinks we aren't going to get absolutely bummed hard in any negotiations is deluded.

Aye, but in a way i respect his honesty in not even trying to deny or sidestep it. This is it lads and lasses, the POTUS who openly preaches an America first agenda has openly stated he wants our NHS to be on the table. Straight from the horses mouth, nobody can say they weren't warned.

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Anyone remember TTIP?

Yeah, TTIP was the controversial EU-USA FTA that was blocked by an EU state because every EU state has a veto on trade deals. At the time, which incidentally was pre-Trump, Brexiters used the potential negative aspects of TTIP on the NHS as a reason to leave the EU, even though we had a veto and a large say in its design. Now these same Brexiters are happy to cosy up to Trump who has openly said the NHS and agriculture will be on the table. Ever feel you've been had?

Just now, Ant said:

Sort your notifications out ffs state of that status bar 

Mine's worse tbf. You clear all the shit off and minutes later its back again. I suppose you could individually block the ones you don't want but fuck that....

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

The Donald has said that the NHS will be on the table fior discussion at future trade deal talks. @Andrew I’ll see you in Christchurch mate :cuppa:

I'll get a round ready.

Mrs A and I are having our first really serious conversations about whether we're going to stay here or not long term. It's a more realistic option than it seemed it would be when we first came out tbh. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 04:54, ewerk said:

Calling the Mayor of London a 'stone cold loser' just before you touch down in London is such a statesman like move.

If the country had any back bone whatsoever he should have been told to get back on the plane and fuck off. Surely you can’t accept the head of a foreign nation coming in and sending numerous accusations, digs, and insults at the mayor of the capital ffs. 

I suppose this is the Leadership that’ll sit and accept Trump harping on about the NHS being on the table in any trade talks (tbqfh I would really be very surprised if he was around for them, but you never know). As someone who lives in the US I can attest to how fucking shit their healthcare system is, I’m okay accepting it for now as I’m young-ish but when I start having kids etc it’ll be time to get a job back home. Unless of course this walnut whip fucks that up while those two ‘Britain shouldn’t bend to anyone’ bell whiffs Farage and Johnson go along with British people (and residents if the two racist wazzocks haven’t chased everyone off) getting shafted by American health insurance companies.

Edited by Howay

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden