President Biden

Happy Face

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Roger Stone convicted on seven charges.

The same day as the president himself is sending tweets attacking a witness at the impeachment hearing. How anyone under the rule of law could accept it is beyond me - and I know what I am speaking of. It really is turning into dark times...

• Like 2

It'll get voted for in Congress and knocked back by the Senate. 

The only hope is that they start to see continued evidence that he's a busted flush - there was a Louisiana governor race that went the way of the Dems on Saturday despite Trump making 3 visits to drum up support in recent weeks and holding a rally for the bloke the night before the vote. 

And that's in the south. 

If it continues to look like he's no longer got the swing in those states, there's an outside chance that the Republicans desert him. Unlikely though. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Sounds like fat lad isn't well. Emergency, unscheduled trip to the doctor at the weekend and now his schedule has been cleared for the next couple of days. 

What a terrible shame. 

As much as I’d like to see him peg it horribly, (fully aware but uncontrollably shitting himself to death in prison or something), I’d also want him to stick around long enough to see his “legacy” as President being comprehensively torn to shreds by someone with human decency. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As much as I’d like to see him peg it horribly, (fully aware but uncontrollably shitting himself to death in prison or something), I’d also want him to stick around long enough to see his “legacy” as President being comprehensively torn to shreds by someone with human decency. 

May be wishful thinking, though

Sondland is about to blow the whole show here. He's seen Roger Stone go down for lying to Congress and he's about to throw Trump, Pompeo, and every fucker else under the bus if his opening statement is anything to go by. 

Could very well be the point that the Republicans start to realise that it's over. 

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sondland is about to blow the whole show here. He's seen Roger Stone go down for lying to Congress and he's about to throw Trump, Pompeo, and every fucker else under the bus if his opening statement is anything to go by. 

Could very well be the point that the Republicans start to realise that it's over. 

Put that into English so a Yorkshire mong can understand?  Is he gonna be impeached? 

This impeachment isn't about whether he's guilty or not. It's about whether the optics are so bad that Republicans in the Senate have no option but to impeach him. This evidence on its own probably won't do it but if a senior figure like Pompeo or Guilliani corroborated it then that might be enough to tip the balance.

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Put that into English so a Yorkshire mong can understand?  Is he gonna be impeached? 

It's impossible to say cos it relies on the Republican Party turning on him. But this bloke testifying today was assumed to be a Trump ally and he's finally realised that the only way out of this for him is to come clean and admit what Trump was up to. 

This is pretty devastating for Trump and it will have a knock on effect on public opinion. If public opinion turns against Trump to the extent that it will undeniably cost them their job (ie they won't get elected again), then Republicans will start to shift against him.

Today should (SHOULD) go some way to making that happen. 

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden