President Biden

Happy Face

8 hours ago, Isegrim said:

A lot of responses there calling for the 25th Amendment to be invoked- specifically Section 4 which allows the VP and Executive to immediately remove power from the President and take over for a specified period. 
The problem with that, as highlighted in the thread PL posted, is that Pence et al are just as fucking insane as Trump. 

• Like 2

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Theres been a democratic coup been in process in Western Democracies for about a decade. I think that  we're only somewhere in the middle of it...

This.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Theres been a democratic coup  in progress in Western Democracies for about a decade. I think that  we're only somewhere in the middle of it...

Just look at the proposals by the new government to remove the fixed term parliament legislation and, more crucially, to remove the power from the judiciary to rule on the dissolution of Parliament with the power resting solely with the PM. I.e. he won’t even just be able to bypass the courts but also the Commons and the Lords. Worse still, it’ll happen with barely any mention 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just look at the proposals by the new government to remove the fixed term parliament legislation and, more crucially, to remove the power from the judiciary to rule on the dissolution of Parliament with the power resting solely with the PM. I.e. he won’t even just be able to bypass the courts but also the Commons and the Lords. Worse still, it’ll happen with barely any mention 

Aye, but it’s what the people want…

:CT:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, but it’s what the people want…

:CT:

Thing is, it was in the manifesto, so they’ve got the mandate for it. At lamest that will be the argument made. This is one of things they’re hoping to push through in the first 100 days. The ‘national emergency’ argument can easily be made after that. Especially with Brexit etc on the horizon. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, and I guarantee 90% of Tory voters didn’t read it ( the manifesto). 

Aye. And it never got a mention in the campaign. Not from the Tories anyway. 

It's like the plot to a bad 80s action film. Boris needs to keep well out of this shit show. Although his desperation for a trade deal with the US may force his hand and make the UK fair game for a new generation of Iranian jihadis

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden