President Biden

Happy Face

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I feel like we're arguing two different things now. Morally, this entire thing is reprehensible and the US are at least as bad as Soleimani ever was. The plane crash is a tragedy and the whole affair is a pathetic display.

But politically, for Trump and even the US, this looks like a win. He won't care about that plane, it doesn't hurt him. If anything it just makes the Iranians look worse.

what's a hundred odd dead civilians between friends? 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

what's a hundred odd dead civilians between friends? 

Indeed. See my posts in the other thread for what I think about the US in all this, but i guarantee you that they don't give a shit about this plane as far as political consequences go.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Why aren't flights sending black box data wirelessly to a server somewhere? Surely it's not beyond current technology.

I'm assuming that the thing that makes the black box indestructible also blocks a WiFi signal. 

12 hours ago, Tom said:

Iran are saying they’ve totally destroyed bases, fighter jets & killed scores of soldiers as well as actually downing a US fighter jet. (I find the latter hard to believe)

Chemical Ali all over again?

I thought this was a little far fetched. :lol: 

Still as long as Iranian nationals believe it hopefully they can call it quits.

Still I doubt it....

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm assuming that the thing that makes the black box indestructible also blocks a WiFi signal. 

That makes no sense. About as much sense as the suggestion why not build the plane out of the same stuff as the black box......

If you stream out to a satellite the data could be stored there or forwarded on. Or you would just need a wire to come out of it attached to a transmitter for a belt and braces approach. I think its technically possible to live stream but would require a fuck ton of bandwidth with thousands of planes airborne at any one time. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

That makes no sense. About as much sense as the suggestion why not build the plane out of the same stuff as the black box......

If you stream out to a satellite the data could be stored there or forwarded on. Or you would just need a wire to come out of it attached to a transmitter for a belt and braces approach. I think its technically possible to live stream but would require a fuck ton of bandwidth with thousands of planes airborne at any one time. 

If you were half as clever as you think you are, you wouldn't still be going to the match, FUCKFACE. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

:lol: In any normal country, saying something mental like "I'm not a big person who believes in sharks too much" would already be enough to disqualify you from holding high office.

It would disqualify you from most jobs tbh :cuppa:

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden