President Biden

Happy Face

It's not just the states either, although it seems most fucked up over there. There's Brazil, the UK, Hong Kong and China, Russia etc all fucked up to various degrees. I'm just hoping things settle down and my kids will experience "normal", but it seems to heading down the "ayears and years" route. That series looks increasingly prescient. 

• Like 1

The reasonably liberal (for Western democracies anyway) "post war consensus" has been dying a slow lingering death for about 40 years... I think Trump is here to deliver it's death blow. Back to ordinary folk being terrorised by facists all over the planet it is then. Maybe democracy, peace & security were just an illusion after all :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

The reasonably liberal (for Western democracies anyway) "post war consensus" has been dying a slow lingering death for about 40 years... I think Trump is here to deliver it's death blow. Back to ordinary folk being terrorised by facists all over the planet it is then. Maybe democracy, peace & security were just an illusion after all :(

I'm more hopeful that there's a much more socially liberal generation of politicians that will come to the fold along with a more socially liberal, younger generation and see this off. This all feels like the last vestiges of a crumbling political wave, at least in the West anyway. A final assault on the racist, elderly elite who will hopefully die out and leave no real heritage behind.

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I'm more hopeful that there's a much more socially liberal generation of politicians that will come to the fold along with a more socially liberal, younger generation and see this off. This all feels like the last vestiges of a crumbling political wave, at least in the West anyway. A final assault on the racist, elderly elite who will hopefully die out and leave no real heritage behind.

I hope this too, and there's a lot of evidence that we have Blair to thank for it due to his drive to get so many young people into university and thus foster far more positive values and critical thinking skills than their parents (by and large) seem to have. However, the right are the ones with the power and influence in the immediacy, and who knows what they'll do to retain that. I am inclined to think that Trump, if he loses the election in November, won't go without a fight.

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

You wouldn't get it in the UK...

EZgcI9mWkAM7hXA?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

I wouldn’t mind if any of these fuckers had beliefs that bore any resemblance to the supposed beliefs of Jesus. See also: The Tories 

I know these people mean well with their blackouts on Instagram but quite how using an inherently disposable social source and doing nothing else will affect anything is news to me especially once it all goes back to normal. I’m sure it’ll give the people posting it some self-satisfaction though.

Maybe I’m becoming an impossibly cynical bastard though.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

You wouldn't get it in the UK...

EZgcI9mWkAM7hXA?format=jpg&name=small

I thought you'd correctly point out the flaws in my very general comment...some parts of England were approaching a police state in the  early-mid 80s too. Whoever said we're possibly only a couple of years behind the US in this cycle is on the money I expect...

I was more trying to point out the similarities between the police actions taken against peaceful protest in NI and the US.

Thankfully nowadays everyone has a camera on their person at all times because if they didn’t then that murdering police officer would be going about his business like any other day.

• Like 1

I don’t like using the term but th’on buck eejit on C4 News from Black Voices for Trump is the perfect Uncle Tom.

Edited by ewerk

You’re right to be uncomfortable using it. 
We’re all fairly liberal on here, but even we have limits. 
Totally unnecessary use of “guy” here. 
You should be ashamed. 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I know these people mean well with their blackouts on Instagram but quite how using an inherently disposable social source and doing nothing else will affect anything is news to me especially once it all goes back to normal. I’m sure it’ll give the people posting it some self-satisfaction though.

Maybe I’m becoming an impossibly cynical bastard though.

The best bit is when they’re having a go at other ‘influencers’ for not doing the same. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

I was more trying to point out the similarities between the police actions taken against peaceful protest in NI and the US.

Particularly the use of rubber bullets which killed  many a NI youth.

Apparently They were designed to be fired at the floor so as to ricochet towards a crowd, causing them to disperse. They can be lethal fired at point blank.

Some of the other weapons the yanks are using are pure evil as well. The LRAD loudspeaker is louder than a jet plane & can be precision targeted.

Whilst Id love to plug my guitar into one I don’t think they’re strictly in line with the old human rights.

13 hours ago, ewerk said:

What a disgusting excuse of a human being this cunt is.

Absolutely!  Tear-gassing peaceful protesters so he can attend a Church he would probably only be seen dead in, for a photo opportunity and without seeking the permission of the Bishop involved.

I am sure he doesn't even know what the Bible is, and presumably someone had to put it in his tiny hand otherwise it would have been Mein Kampf :mad:

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden