President Biden

Happy Face

Pretty much every republican has dismissed it and said November is the election. Seth Abramson has a thread of what he thinks will happen (it's not good) but it sounds a bit alarmist to me. I think this is just distraction from the white economic figures.

If trump was going to try to make a 'good' argument here, he should be copying Sweden's and should say something like "Yes, deaths are going up but we've decided to head this direction based on the evidence that these deaths are coming either way. For all the prevention in the countries you're talking about, eventually COVID19 will sweep through them. We have chosen to support the economy whilst at the same time utilising our superior healthcare system to test as widely as possible and to combat the infection on an individual to individual level, as needed. As such, the charts I'm suggesting we review are focusing on success as defined by our own strategy, not that of other countries.

The reporter might well then pivot to say "Yes but if a vaccine is around the corner then you've taken on this risk with people's lives needlessly". From that point I would suggest Trump point to how long vaccines take to produce and needing to be certain that due process has been followed so as to avoid future health problems that could be far more widespread if we give an injection of a vaccine to everyone in the country.

I'm bored this morning.

Someone asked Biden yesterday whether he's going to take the cognitive test that Trump did. His immediate response was "Come on man! That's like asking if I've been tested for cocaine before this interview...", he then blurted out something about "junkie", and then said he trusts the American people to decide about his "mental and physical fitness", except it took him 3 attempts to say the word fitness. 

He's as on the slide mentally as Trump is, he just didn't start out as much of a horrible, racist cunt. 

The fact that the bar is so low for US presidency that it is appropriate for us to be discussing whether or not candidates have undertaken cognitive tests is just... idk what it is, but it's not good.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden