President Biden

Happy Face

He’s going to win isn’t he? The BLM stuff happened at just the right time as was able to shift the narrative from his coronavirus cockup to the law and order crap. 

I wouldn't go that far. He has a long way to go to win from where he is. It's not like Corbyn vs Johnson here either, it's closer to Johnson versus Cameron. The sensible right will vote for the Cameron in that scenario every time.

As Chez explained last time, there are a shit load of well off people who do not give a fuck about lies or treason as long as he lowers taxes on corporations and the rich. 

Also the dems have once again chosen someone who they think will appeal to centrists without giving a shit about how completely un-enthused anyone remotely left wing are about voting for the "nothing will change" waste of space that is Biden. 

22 minutes ago, NJS said:

As Chez explained last time, there are a shit load of well off people who do not give a fuck about lies or treason as long as he lowers taxes on corporations and the rich. 

Also the dems have once again chosen someone who they think will appeal to centrists without giving a shit about how completely un-enthused anyone remotely left wing are about voting for the "nothing will change" waste of space that is Biden. 

I'm fairly well established as left wing. I would vote for Biden here every time because Trump is too great a threat to take a moral stand over. It's not the normal kinda bullshit where you can't tell the two sides apart.

52 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I wouldn't go that far. He has a long way to go to win from where he is. It's not like Corbyn vs Johnson here either, it's closer to Johnson versus Cameron. The sensible right will vote for the Cameron in that scenario every time.

Which one is the worse cunt here? Hard to tell…

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Which one is the worse cunt here? Hard to tell…

I mean, I'm considering Biden to be a pre-Brexit catastrophe Cameron. The benign, first term Cameron. Not the Cthulu Destroyer of Worlds version of his second term.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I mean, I'm considering Biden to be a pre-Brexit catastrophe Cameron. The rancid, first term Cameron. Not the Cthulu Destroyer of Worlds version of his second term.

FYP ;) 

Yep. That government was evil. From the day they set foot in the door they were laying into the poor & vulnerable whilst the Lib Dem’s were holding their coat. 

Cunts to a man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Trump will win & if he doesn’t they’ll keep up the daily riots.

a colleague of mine in NY reckons trump will win by hook or by crook - probably by crook

Oh aye, he’ll be digging his claws in.

Personally I’m expecting a right wing reaction to the rise of left wing voices and possibly a shock win for Trump.

Trump is definitely the underdog. He's nowhere near where he would want to be at this stage in the race. But voter suppression, the Russia effect, and post-election skullduggery could still see him get another 4 years.

If he does, it's over for America. The damage that bloke will do by 2025 is unimaginable. 

Yeah that's true tbh, and I'm not sure they can see it, so insular they are. In 4 years he has brought the American hegemony to its knees. There is no chance whatsoever that they will be the sole superpower by the end of a second term, if indeed it is still possible to say that about them now.

Granted, it's probably best for the world that they aren't in that position anyway, but the speed of the decline is creating power vacuums all over the place which are being filled by other immature civilisations (Russia, China, Brazil). If we saw the Western world unify across a broadly European set of ideals, I think that would be a positive end to the US empire. As it is, we're going to get Putin-lite all over the place.

More wild scenes from America last night. Bunch of pro-Trump supporters ploughing their way through Portland, heavily armed, firing pepper spray from their trucks as they drive through crowds. One person shot and killed so far. 

The whole country is about to go up in flames, and when invited to condemn the 17 year old white lad that shot and killed two people in Kenosha last week, Trump said he didn't have all the details yet. He wants this all to go off cos chaos and bloodshed is his best hope of clinging onto power. 

Also, how do you suppose this scene would have played out had this bloke been black? 

• Like 1

That’s him doing his best at kicking a bloke off his guard as well. The soft little cunt. I genuinely hope people like that get their comeuppance. 

On 28/08/2020 at 23:53, Gemmill said:

Trump is definitely the underdog. He's nowhere near where he would want to be at this stage in the race. But voter suppression, the Russia effect, and post-election skullduggery could still see him get another 4 years.

If he does, it's over for America. The damage that bloke will do by 2025 is unimaginable. 

No doubt you’ll have seen Jordan Klepper’s interviews with Trump rally goers. These are literally the most stupid people on this planet, the people who swallow Trump’s bullshit by the bucketload and crawl over broken glass to vote for him. They are immune to facts and reality, their “opinion” is all that matters to them, and it’s usually pig shit ignorant and bigoted nonsense.

If Trump wins we’ll be in the end times for America like you say, and possibly western civilisation as we know it. A man more obviously corrupt, narcissistic, nepotistic, mendacious and in the pocket of Russia is hard to imagine....and he will do literally anything to stay out of jail, where he belongs. His base are oblivious to it, probably because they can’t distinguish real life from reality TV, but the RNC have no such excuse and deserve political oblivion, which I hope they get.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kitman said:

No doubt you’ll have seen Jordan Klepper’s interviews with Trump rally goers. These are literally the most stupid people on this planet, the people who swallow Trump’s bullshit by the bucketload and crawl over broken glass to vote for him. They are immune to facts and reality, their “opinion” is all that matters to them, and it’s usually pig shit ignorant and bigoted nonsense.

If Trump wins we’ll be in the end times for America like you say, and possibly western civilisation as we know it. A man more obviously corrupt, narcissistic, nepotistic, mendacious and in the pocket of Russia is hard to imagine....and he will do literally anything to stay out of jail, where he belongs. His base are oblivious to it, probably because they can’t distinguish real life from reality TV, but the RNC have no such excuse and deserve political oblivion, which I hope they get.

I agree entirely and just struggle to understand how its come to this. This country too  we're on the same song page, just not singing as loudly. How on Earth have the Western Anglophone nations allowed this to happen? It's beyond belief. Of course, neither the UK or USA are true democracies, the majority never voted for this shit. And the vast majority will suffer anyway. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I agree entirely and just struggle to understand how its come to this. This country too  we're on the same song page, just not singing as loudly. How on Earth have the Western Anglophone nations allowed this to happen? It's beyond belief. Of course, neither the UK or USA are true democracies, the majority never voted for this shit. And the vast majority will suffer anyway. 

I think no-one foresaw the replacement of the press by social media as many people’s main or only source of news. Since there is virtually no moderation of content, it’s a place where bullshit flourishes, and serves to reinforce prejudices, bigotry and false narratives. This means politicians can spout blatant lies and nonsense without fear of contradiction or consequences....any attempt to challenge or fact check is met with the “fake news” mantra and they refuse to be held to account.

I’m not saying much of the press is anything but self interested scumbaggery but in the past there was at least an attempt in the broadsheets especially at factual and impartial reporting. That has now seems to have been overtaken by the constant diet of lies, smears and conspiracy theories that the gullible and stupid swallow as fact on social media.

its no accident that enemies of democracy like Russia and China put so much effort into social media engineering. Its accelerated the descent of politics in the US and probably UK too into the sewer and allow the likes of Trump and Johnson to lie and lie again without fear of the consequences. Trump is different class though and I’ve no doubt he would rather burn America down than relinquish power and face justice for his crimes.

Somewhere in the future I think the social media companies will have to take responsibility for the accuracy and impact of their content through regulation. Also not be allowed to rip off mainstream press content without paying for it. It’ll probably never happen in Murica though.

Not sure what can be done about it ttt. Perhaps people below a certain IQ level should be prevented from accessing the internet altogether.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden