President Biden

Happy Face

12 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

He can appoint a judge until January. Absolutely zero chance it doesn't happen,, even if its after the election

After republicans blocking Obama appointing a judge in an election year...

There's a chance he nominates someone and there's enough Republicans struggling in their senate races who'll vote against his nominee to try and signal that they're not Trump lackeys. It only needs 4 to flip. Romney is guaranteed so another 3.

They've still got three months after the election to force it through no matter what happens. The Supreme Court will have a 6-3 crazy right wing majority for the next generation.

The only possible chance the Dems have got is if Biden wins and they flip the senate and have the guts to increase the number of judges on the Supreme Court.

Pelosi is supposedly considering a second impeachment, with the resultant trial tying up the Senate so that they’re unable to have selection hearings for any Trump nominated candidate. 
It’s going to get messy as fuck now. 

On 20/09/2020 at 21:49, ewerk said:

That would be a dangerous move. I think the SC court has sat as a nine for like 150 years. To try and pack the court in a year’s time would allow any ruling party to try the same going forward.

This is exactly what I meant by the Republicans are playing a different game. If the roles were reversed the Republicans would do this in a heartbeat  without a hint of regret. If the Dems don't sweep this election, give Puerto Rico and Washington  statehood and pack the Supreme Court, then USA election going forward will be about as fair as Russia's

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

This is exactly what I meant by the Republicans are playing a different game. If the roles were reversed the Republicans would do this in a heartbeat  without a hint of regret. If the Dems don't sweep this election, give Puerto Rico and Washington  statehood and pack the Supreme Court, then USA election going forward will be about as fair as Russia's

Aye I'm all about the gloves coming off these days. Same in this country, the Tories are mirroring the GOP with the lies and lawlessness. You can't just keep complaining that it's not cricket. 

Louisville about to go up in flames- Only 1 officer charged over Breonna Taylor murder, and that charge is “wanton endangerment” over shots that entered a neighbouring apartment. 

It’s almost like they’re trying to foment racial unrest…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54273317

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah, but Hillary was an interventionist...

“ The Mountain Gorilla has the smallest penis size of all the primates, at 1.5 inches erect”. 

Having watched these clownshoes, the above statement is clearly no longer true. 

• Like 1

The bloke is a giant loser. I really hope he loses in November and does time for this stuff. It's totally inconceivable that he can run giant losses and still take out massive loans - there are lots of crimes in there and I hope him and his family get completely fucked by it. 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The bloke is a giant loser. I really hope he loses in November and does time for this stuff. It's totally inconceivable that he can run giant losses and still take out massive loans - there are lots of crimes in there and I hope him and his family get completely fucked by it. 

Evidently, down in the detail there's $300 million in loans coming due over next 4 years he has personally guaranteed.

Latest theory on yank-twitter, he'll resign before the election, Pence will become short term President and will give him a blanket Presidential pardon !!

Edited by Toonpack

9 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Latest theory on yank-twitter, he'll resign before the election, Pence will become short term President and will give him a blanket Presidential pardon !!

Aye that's not gonna happen. And besides my understanding is that it's New York state that's looking into all of his business shenanigans and that can't be pardoned federally. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye that's not gonna happen. And besides my understanding is that it's New York state that's looking into all of his business shenanigans and that can't be pardoned federally. 

Certainly hope so

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden