President Biden

Happy Face

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i agree about biden being deeply unimpressive mind. the one thing he will hopefully do, where sanders or warren might have struggled, is build consensus and attract the floating vote

Sounds like there is not much of that.  Most seem to have made their minds up already (albeit some are probably lying about which one they will vote for).  Having said that, Trump should have put off any undecided voters as a result of the debate (?), especially women of colour.

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Is he pulling this shit to get out of the debates?

I don't think there's anything that would make him say he tested positive if he hadn't. He's too much of a macho dickhead. Plus he's having to can all of his fundraising and rally events. 

If anything, it's amazing he's lasted this long given how irresponsible he's been about the whole thing. 

- Jan. 22 to CNBC: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” - Jan. 24 tweet: “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!” - Feb. 23 to reporters: “We’re very much involved. We’re very — very cognizant of everything going on. We have it very much under control in this country.”

- Feb. 27 at the White House: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” - March 10 after meeting Republican senators: “This was unexpected. … And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

- March 13 to reporters: “Yeah, no, I don’t take responsibility at all, because we were given a - a set of circumstances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time.”

- March 15 at a White House briefing: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

- March 18 tweet: “I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the ‘borders’ from China - against the wishes of almost all.”

- April 3 at a White House briefing: “With the masks, it’s going to be really a voluntary thing. You can do it, you don’t have to do it. I’m choosing not to do it, but some people may want to do it and that’s OK ... As I greet presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens ... I don’t see it for myself, I just don’t.”

- May 21 on a Ford plant visit: “I wore one (a mask) in the back area. I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it,” Trump said.

- July 12 before publicly donning a mask for the first time: “When you are in a hospital, especially in that particular setting when you are talking to a lot of soldiers, people that in some cases just got off the operating table, I think it’s a great thing to wear a mask.”

- Tuesday at a White House briefing: “We’re asking everybody that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask. Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact, they’ll have an effect and we need everything we can get... I will use it, gladly ... Anything that potentially can help ... is a good thing.”

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Does anyone else smell bullshit? The timing is a little too convenient 

No. And I don't see what's convenient about having to suspend all campaigning a month out from the election. 

There is no way this macho dickhead would volunteer to "show weakness" by having the virus, or deny himself the camera and the adulation of his rallies. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

No. And I don't see what's convenient about having to suspend all campaigning a month out from the election. 

There is no way this macho dickhead would volunteer to "show weakness" by having the virus, or deny himself the camera and the adulation of his rallies. 

His supporters and himself will spin it as him being some kind of Superman/demi-god if it doesn't kill him as he'll have the best genes and anti-bodies to deal with it. The doctors will be in awe at how he took on the virus and totally killed it as his whole being, physically and mentally is awesome.....etc, etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

His supporters and himself will spin it as him being some kind of Superman/demi-god if it doesn't kill him as he'll have the best genes and anti-bodies to deal with it. The doctors will be in awe at how he took on the virus and totally killed it as his whole being, physically and mentally is awesome.....etc, etc.

There's 207k people dead. He can't be doing the Connor McGregor walk to the stage at his next rally if he survives it. 

"The Grim Reaper came calling..... And I said not today sucker.... Not today." is not a good look for anyone outside of the loons that attend his rallies. 

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden