President Biden

Happy Face

Just had 5Live on in the car, and the presenter is quizzing a former adviser to Biden, and basically her line of questioning was "Well yeah, I know Trump has been saying the things thst he's been saying today about irregularities and calling the election into question, but don't forget it was Biden that went out and made a speech first, so is there not an argument that he started it?"

I mean fucking hell. Is that really what you think your job is, and if so why haven't you quit? 

• Like 2

Stopped taking BBC news seriously years ago but they seem to be scraping the barrel of late. Biden’s and Trump’s speeches could barely be more different in tone 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Did Biden declare victory and then call the whole thing into question? I must have missed that :lol:

He called for all votes to be counted, which enraged Trump. I mean fucking hell, how can nearly half of America support this arsehole? Its incredible. 

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Stopped taking BBC news seriously years ago but they seem to be scraping the barrel of late. Biden’s and Trump’s speeches could barely be more different in tone 

I kept flipping over to CNN to get a more balanced view. 

( I’m not joking either :lol:). 

28 minutes ago, Bizza said:

BBC News is a fucking joke nowadays.

What I’ve noticed about their analysis of this election since the results have started coming in is that they’re way behind so many other outlets. They’ve been saying more or less the same thing for about 6 hours. 

Edited by Alex

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

What I’ve noticed about their analysis of this election since the results have started coming in is that they’re way behind so many other outlets. They’ve been saying more or less the same thing for about 6 hours. 

They still haven’t called Wisconsin for Biden despite everyone else doing so at least 30 minutes ago.

• Like 1

So Biden has won the most ever votes in a US election, despite massive voter suppression and half the country being complete fuck nuts. I think he will win the EC quite comfortably. WI, MI and possibly PA bagged, still got a chance in GA. Given the circumstances, he's done alright imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Trump has declared victory in PA :lol:

No basis whatsoever, naturally, but declared it anyway.

I'm declaring victory in my attempt to have my wicked way with Penelope Cruz and Kylie Minogue. 

• Haha 1

Just now, sammynb said:

It's all going to be pointless if (when) the republicans win the senate, he'll be a cuckolded president.

Biden has nothing to offer anyway, he's nothing more than a 'not Trump' candidate.

The important thing is the symbolism behind trump being defeated. It's the first successful counterattack we've made against the populist right, anywhere in the world.

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Trump has declared victory in PA :lol:

No basis whatsoever, naturally, but declared it anyway.

What is wrong with these nutters? Was Guilliani this much of a cunt when he was major of NYC? I don't recall he was. 

At this stage you have to really worry about the USA, and by extension its affect on us. I can't see how they can get out of this with the GOP acting the way it is. Even if Trump is eventually ousted, the country will be paralysed and possibly ay war with itself. 

• Like 1

Agreed. Although I think we can at least consider it good from our side tbf, but in the US itself I think this is a fairly empty gesture. They're in serious trouble - two sides, one with an insane vision - the mantle for which I understand is going to be taken up by either Ted Cruz or Tucker Carlson - and one side with nothing to offer except desperately pointing to the other side and saying 'look how bad they are'.

The US is genuinely fucked.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden