President Biden

Happy Face

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As far as the recount in Georgia goes- if Biden wins Pennsylvania, which he looks very likely to do, it’s game over. 
As I understand it, his lead and likely finishing tally in PA will be beyond the threshold for a recount there, giving him the 20 EC votes and the Presidency. 

Someone tell me otherwise if I’m wrong, mind. 

It already is game over 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2020 at 10:36, Rayvin said:

As it is, I expect Trump to lose and the far right to be a busted electoral flush for a while as a consequence.

So my view was more about 4D chess :D 

I think Trump is toast. I don't think Biden would get a look in under the normal run of things, he's a hopelessly uninspiring man, but he should be able to put Trump away.

@Dr Gloom

Also

On 03/11/2020 at 14:44, Dr Gloom said:

trump will win by hook or by crook - probably by crook

Edited by Rayvin

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t think a leftist candidate would have pulled this off though, to be honest. I wasn’t sure even Biden would 

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

There's absolutely no chance a left winger could have won this election. We barely scraped over the line with the blandest centrist I've ever seen.

However, a left winger would have won the last one. I'm incredibly pleased that Biden is winning this, I'm pleased for what it means for climate change, Brexit, and international/political norms in general. But I don't think that this particular fight is over, and the centre is going to have to very quickly come up with something more coherent and viable than "not trump" if we're going to see off this threat next time out. 4 years doesn't feel that far off.

Good luck to them though, I hope they manage it.

32 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

On 04/03/2020 at 11:20, Rayvin said:

That's the point though ewerk. There is nothing being put forward that the left can unify around - not even climate change has managed to do it. You talk about unity as if we should all just band together around whatever policies float at the time. That isn't a fucking vision, it's not unity, its an alliance of convenience.

The left does need a movement, it needs something like momentum even. Just a momentum run by people who aren't total fuckwits. Unfortunately with the left, although increasingly with the right too, it's only the total fuckwits that come to the fore.

So it doesn't matter who I dismiss in this fiasco of a political leaning because until someone comes forward with an actual fucking vision and a strategy to achieve it, a Blair if you will but clearly a more radical one, we aren't going anywhere.

Starmer, as much as I'll vote for him, has no vision. He will lose. Biden has no vision. He will lose. If we do get someone with a vision, the media just destroy them. We are fucked.

Trump can legally retain power if the republicans back him :lol: and there's nothing anyone can do about it because the entire US democratic system hinges on a gentleman's agreement to voluntarily stand down...

• Like 1

Biden finished his speech and the breaking news from the White House is that Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows has got coronavirus. :lol:

And there are others that have it too. Another white house outbreak. The levels of incompetence. 

• Jaysus... 1

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden