President Biden

Happy Face

1 hour ago, Renton said:

What are people's thoughts now?

Is what we can expect for foreseeable? A decent performance followed by a shitshow? It'll be enough to keep Bruce in the job, surely?

Was saying elsewhere that the inconsistency is the biggest frustration; we've clearly got a squad that can play decent football, even if it isn't thrilling. So how can we follow a performance like we saw against Everton, with that terrible shit?

Surely it's obvious to Bruce now? Play 5 at the back, 2 in the middle, 2 out wide, one up front. Change the style depending on the opposition. Longball is fine on occasion, trying to pass it out is fine when appropriate. We've got plenty of players with pace, we've got decent centrebacks, so that's what the first team should be built around, right? Solid defensive shape and counter?

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, NJS said:

He needs to challenge and somehow win all of those last five or six states - one or two are no good so it's all about accepting that. I think they've probably moved on to trying to build an agenda for the next election that this one was "stolen". 

yeah, i think trump knows it too. he will never publicly admit he lost but he will carry this narrative through for the next four years. he will continue to snipe ont witter - and potentially on his own new TV network to rival fox news too.

then he, or one of his kids, might run in 2024.

in the meantime, moderate republicans, other than the odd exception like mitt romney, are too shit scared to speak out against him, or to congratulate biden, because they understand the power he still wields. 

for the moment, trumpism still dominates the GOP

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Is what we can expect for foreseeable? A decent performance followed by a shitshow? It'll be enough to keep Bruce in the job, surely?

Was saying elsewhere that the inconsistency is the biggest frustration; we've clearly got a squad that can play decent football, even if it isn't thrilling. So how can we follow a performance like we saw against Everton, with that terrible shit?

Surely it's obvious to Bruce now? Play 5 at the back, 2 in the middle, 2 out wide, one up front. Change the style depending on the opposition. Longball is fine on occasion, trying to pass it out is fine when appropriate. We've got plenty of players with pace, we've got decent centrebacks, so that's what the first team should be built around, right? Solid defensive shape and counter?

You know, these increasingly complicated  political metaphors are getting a bit much for me. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It only goes to the House if it's a tie?

Or if the election results are thrown out because Trump manages to discredit them. Since the US is a Republic first and a Democracy second, the actual voting isn't as important as the House's decision. And since in this specific set of circumstances the House gets a one state, one vote decision to make, it is possible that even in a Democrat controlled House, Trump could be made president if enough Republicans go along with him.

:lol: It's a fair point mind, it's hard to imagine he's ever had a normal interaction with his kid.

EDIT: His youngest kid, I should say. He's had some pretty abnormal interactions with the other ones.

• Haha 4

The Republicans are playing a linger game here. They aren't expecting to get Trump to overturn the result, but they will use the chaos to further their ramp up their voter suppression and gerrymandering the districts. As long as they have control of the senate they can obstruct any democratic president, and then they will win easily in 2024. For now a Right wing Democrat president and control of the senate is their ideal outcome.  Trump has done his job

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The Republicans are playing a linger game here. They aren't expecting to get Trump to overturn the result, but they will use the chaos to further their ramp up their voter suppression and gerrymandering the districts. As long as they have control of the senate they can obstruct any democratic president, and then they will win easily in 2024. For now a Right wing Democrat president and control of the senate is their ideal outcome.  Trump has done his job

Not sure this is true. The republican demographic is dying out. Old, white men. I can only see the popular vote increasing for the Democrats. Also, someone  correct me if I'm wrong, but the senate are not in control of gerrymandering, that's down to individual states' legislature. 

The Democrats are doing some soul searching over their poor results in the House and Senate with the lady responsible for the campaigns having stood down. I'm not sure this election has answered any question about the current state of play with the exception of 'do we want more of Trump'.

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not sure this is true. The republican demographic is dying out. Old, white men. I can only see the popular vote increasing for the Democrats. Also, someone  correct me if I'm wrong, but the senate are not in control of gerrymandering, that's down to individual states' 

Trump got more votes than last time. Increased his votes amongst the racists, the disaffected white poor and non-mexican Latinos. I've heard this argument about the right wing voter demographic dying out on both sides of the Atlantic for 40 years, yet to see it happen.

With regards to gerrymandering each individual state legislature choosing their own rules and  republucanshave done much better on the down ballot vote. Added to that Trump has been packing the courts with young highly partisan judges since the second he walked through the door. The senate has been nodding them through after blocking any Obama appointments for 6 years.

I've said it before, the Republicans are playing a different game to the Democrats

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not sure this is true. The republican demographic is dying out. Old, white men. I can only see the popular vote increasing for the Democrats. Also, someone  correct me if I'm wrong, but the senate are not in control of gerrymandering, that's down to individual states' legislature. 

Problem is the state level elections reflect the national vote so you can end up with cycles where the republicans are in charge. 

Also as I understand it District borders are drawn every ten years which is why they're so fucked now due to the shit midterms Obama had in 2010.

Thats why the Democrats relatively poor performance down the card matters more this year. 

Yes he was and so is the author. 24 US states raised the minimum wage by an average of 30% in the years from 2016. That's the main driver behind the increase in low income wage growth. The author is a racist, conservative Republican. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE! 

• Haha 2

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden