President Biden

Happy Face

Had the local Rangers fan haranguing me yesterday about fuckin tech companies’ censorship of social media after Trump got banned from Twitter...wish I’d seen this :lol: it’s probably not a exact comparison but it would’ve shut that fucker up...

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Had the local Rangers fan haranguing me yesterday about fuckin tech companies’ censorship of social media after Trump got banned from Twitter...wish I’d seen this :lol: it’s probably not a exact comparison but it would’ve shut that fucker up...

Think of Twitter as Rangers and Trump as a Catholic. :good:

• Haha 1

Parler is being forcibly shut down by big tech - Amazon won't host it, 25 other companies have turned it down and their own lawyers have dropped them.

The establishment is really trying to destroy the populists here. I'm not convinced this is the way to it but it is at least some form of action and on that basis I think I'm on board.

Yeah this is the thing - yes this probably is censorship and yes that should ring some alarm bells, but frankly, these people are believing absolute horseshit day in and day out, and I'm personally at a loss as to what the other options are.

"Sunlight is the best disinfectant" does not hold true if big chunks of the population are actively keeping themselves in the dark anyway. I would have argued against this once upon a time, but at this point I think the consequences of letting them run unchallenged are just too great.

It's not censorship, it's private companies holding people to the terms of service, right? It's not denying free speech, it's simply holding people accountable for the heinous shit they say.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's not censorship, it's private companies holding people to the terms of service, right? It's not denying free speech, it's simply holding people accountable for the heinous shit they say.

Yeah but it's a very co-ordinated strike. It's clearly politically motivated and I say this as someone who is actually on board with it. They could have done this at any point over the years but now there's blood in the water, they've all gone in together.

They're attempting to close the right out because they now feel they can get away with it. And frankly, more power to them.

Free speech stops when fascism starts. If Trump hadn’t incited his followers to try to overturn a free and fair election I doubt we would be seeing this reaction from Big Tech. 

• Like 6

Tbh, free speech and political partisanship goes out of the window when you start being a racist, gay bashing, trans hating, all lives matter bigot who threatens to murder anyone who disagree with them. 

And if they disagree then they are clearly just woke lefty liberal snowflakes 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Free speech stops when fascism starts. If Trump hadn’t incited his followers to try to overturn a free and fair election I doubt we would be seeing this reaction from Big Tech. 

Didn't see this before I posted, but exactly. You need to draw the fucking line somewhere or else we end up with Hitler mk2 doing whatever the fuck he wants unopposed in the name of free speech and political "balance".

Fuck that. Some things just come down to right and wrong 

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden