President Biden

Happy Face

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was listening to something this morning where the bloke said "Zuckerberg and Dorsey don't lean red and they don't lean blue. They lean green." 

This isn't a conspiracy or a coordinated attack, it was just long overdue time to do something, and once one moved they all had to move. 

Once Twitter moved, Amazon had to? Once facebook did, Google had to?

I'm not sure I'm going to be convinced of this, it looks pretty clear cut to me that it was co-ordinated.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

No thanks needed, I thought it better me putting you straight rather than you going round in circles for hours before inevitably reaching the same conclusion.

Aye.

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Guilt by association and a low-risk gain for them. Yes, Twitter and Facebook are on the front line, but while they're getting, rightly, criticised, the three you mention can appear morally superior by taking action they likely would have had to at some point.

I think you're looking for some left-wing conspiracy when, if the last decade has shown us anything, the left can't organise themselves let alone impose influence on others. If this was some Big Tech coordinated attack, why not do it under Obama? Attack those fringe right-wing groups in their infancy and lock in a friendly government for a few more years at least?

Think you're getting terns mixed up.. In US ultra right circles its an insult to call someone a Liberal...Liberal isn't left wing but it is to the rednecks who support Trump. And the ruling classes in westernised democracies are ball crushingly Liberal. And so are the rules for social media. Quite rightly obvs. But its not left wing. Youre right about the left, they're fuckin useless. Culturally western society is totally Liberal. Cameron & Johnson culturally very Liberal easily as much as Blair, May hid her prejudices well but again, Liberal veneer. Some right wing media types like Hitchens & Littlejohn rail against this hangover from the late 60s student "revolution" but the products of that  movement have been in charge of things since the 80s and these types  definitely invented and own the Internet and social media in general. That's what rednecks don't like, as I said yesterday, to them  anything remotely Liberal is "left wing" or "communist"...but thats confusing  cultural habits with government/political policy. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think you're getting terns mixed up.. In US ultra right circles its an insult to call someone a Liberal...Liberal isn't left wing but it is to the rednecks who support Trump. And the ruling classes in westernised democracies are ball crushingly Liberal. And so are the rules for social media. Quite rightly obvs. But its not left wing. Youre right about the left, they're fuckin useless. Culturally western society is totally Liberal. Cameron & Johnson culturally very Liberal easily as much as Blair, May hid her prejudices well but again, Liberal veneer. Some right wing media types like Hitchens & Littlejohn rail against this hangover from the late 60s student "revolution" but the products of that  movement have been in charge of things since the 80s and these types  definitely invented and own the Internet and social media in general. That's what rednecks don't like, as I said yesterday, to them  anything remotely Liberal is "left wing" or "communist"...but thats confusing  cultural habits with government/political policy. 

Well, they look very similar.

I take your point, Liberal ≠ Left-Wing. But I'd say this isn't even a liberal conspiracy, or coordinated move. This is a private company doing what's best for their brand (and bottom line), and the others jumping on board before the "WE'RE NOT A NAZI SYMPATHISER" train leaves the station. 

@Rayvin Re: Parler, they're not a big enough fish to matter. Anway, they're beholden to the bigger tech providers, and their raison d'etre is to provide a right-wing alternative to open platforms like facebook and twitter etc. Now, if those two are too commie pinko hippy dippy for you, I'd suggest you're far enough to the right of the political spectrum that your views and intolerances are offensive and probably actionable. What I'm trying to say is that without the Proud Boys and MAGA-loons, Parler wouldn't have a customer base. They couldn't ban them and have much of a platform left. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mumsnet has been suspiciously quiet on these issues. 

Glass of Cava, Yankee candle's lit, fingers a blur while binging a couple of series of Bridgerton. They'll have worn down their typing fingers.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mumsnet has been suspiciously quiet on these issues. 

They haven't actually, they had the boss of Mumsnet on Politics Live this afternoon discussing it :lol: I can only assume she was there as balance to Daniel Hannan.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

They haven't actually, they had the boss of Mumsnet on Politics Live this afternoon discussing it :lol: I can only assume she was there as balance to Daniel Hannan.

What a world we live in today...

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He still lurks. 

Pops up once in a while. 

Like herpes. 

Or a mushroom.

I just wondered, given he's a resident Tory shill, how he feels his crowd are dealing with Brxit and COVID?

It looks like they won't get impeachment through against Trump because it requires a 2/3 majority which the Democrats don't have. I don't know why anyone even bothered entertaining it in light of that fact.

However, apparently he could be barred from ever running for office again by the 14th Amendment which notes the formal disqualification of someone who has been involved in insurrection against the government. That's probably a nice middle of the road solution for a lot of this anyway, and makes sure that the cult of personality around him is at a total dead end.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Or a mushroom.

I just wondered, given he's a resident Tory shill, how he feels his crowd are dealing with Brxit and COVID?

I think even he knows it’s an indefensible shitshow. 

I’d have thought as a cabby he’d have loads of free time this past year and would’ve been all over here, maybe he’s struggling to pay his broadband and his food bank packages leave him too low on energy to bother? 

Who cares? :lol:

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I think even he knows it’s an indefensible shitshow. 

I’d have thought as a cabby he’d have loads of free time this past year and would’ve been all over here, maybe he’s struggling to pay his broadband and his food bank packages leave him too low on energy to bother? 

Who cares? :lol:

I forget, is he breadline, or rolling in it these days?

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

🎵In the county Tyrone in the town of Dungannon,

There's a many a time I'd liked to have twatted Daniel Hannon. 🎶

• Haha 2

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden