President Biden

Happy Face

1 minute ago, adios said:

Calm down.

If Trump disbands NATO, what's the alternative? I've never understood the support for NATO, with America having military bases on UK soil, and objection to basically the same thing but without an increasingly erratic America calling the shots.

Agree with Renton on the EU army, but as an EU Federalist, I woulda backed that anyway.

Trump proposing to abandon NATO, a predominantly US initiative, is incredible. Fuck it, maybe we should start working for closer ties with the Chinese and abandon the Americans.

Hang on though, so he threatened to do this but apparently got the increase in spending he wanted as a result. Due to be 4% of GDP by 2024...?

I'm struggling to imagine Putin being thrilled about that tbh.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

He hasn’t gotten 4%. He reckons he’s got 2% and will look at 4% in the future.

Watching his press conference he’s such a graceless cunt.

Still achieved what he wanted though. And still not something Putin is likely to be thrilled about..?

Just now, Rayvin said:

Still achieved what he wanted though. And still not something Putin is likely to be thrilled about..?

I wouldn’t take his word for it.

He doesn’t have a clue how NATO works. He’s claiming that the USA fund 90% of NATO which is entirely untrue.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Why the fuck do we want to double defence spending? What for? Russia isn't a military threat. I'm sure there are better things to ssf pend our money on. 

He’s picking an imaginary fight. Because he wants to raise defence spending for the USA in order to please the arms industry doesn’t mean that the rest of the world has to follow suit.

Are the ROW leaders just biding their time until his first (and only?!) term is over or why are they waiting to tell him to gtfo?

Are the ROW leaders just biding their time until his first (and only?!) term is over or why are they waiting to tell him to gtfo?

They know he’ll be impeached before they have to hit this target.

This is an interesting one. Will whoever replaces him rein all this shit back in, or will they actually keep a lot of it in place because some of it may legitimately be in US interests?

• Like 1

Just now, Rayvin said:

This is an interesting one. Will whoever replaces him rein all this shit back in, or will they actually keep a lot of it in place because some of it may legitimately be in US interests?

I mean, if the next US president is a Republican, who knows?  But then we're all going to hell in a fiery jalopy anyway.

I'd imagine any sane president is going to spend their first term grovelling and doing whatever anyone says.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden