President Biden

Happy Face

Just now, NJS said:

It'll drive him mental and we'll see more toys being thrown out. 

It looks good that a lot of the dem winners are young and more lefty than the Clinton type. 

Yep, looks a decent night for the progressives. Might be some steam in the Corbynite style left yet.

Looks like we lost anything about Sessions and probably Rosenstein going the journey - the corrupt cunt didn't exactly waste any time after the midterms - I hope Mueller gets his indictments out this week.

On 1/29/2017 at 04:26, Dr Gloom said:

trump is transforming the presidency. we are in completely uncharted waters with this loon in the white house. i fear the worst. hope i'm wrong, but you can hardly say his tone has softened or he's become more presidential since being sworn in, as many hoped. i don't think anyone expected half of the crazy shit he talked about on the campaign trail to actually happen but he's wasted no time laying the groundwork.

the immigration thing has a dystopian feeling about it; it's hard to believe it's actually happening or that it'll end well. he may not have shut the media down (yet) but he is openly going to war with it, attempting to discredit credible news organisations, while his staff are told to spread obvious lies. 

just look back at what he's done in his first 7 days ffs. has it really just been a week?

- continued to spread dangerous falsehoods that delegitimise the US electoral system 

- laid the groundwork for a trade war - and potentially a second great depression.

- signed an immigration executive order that wouldn't look out of place in nazi germany

- banned funding for global aid organisations that provide abortions - right on

- actually going ahead with his batshit crazy mexico border wall idea, and effectively ceased short term relations with his mexican counterpart. a great example of his scattergun twitter diplomacy

- revived the keystone pipeline - great news for the fossil fuel industry, not so much for the environment

- praised the use of torture and insisted waterboarding works. 

the free world is now being steered by a hot-headed, narcissistic demagogue, whose politics feed on fear and bigotry. give me a shout if you want more 20 year old analysis, yeah?

Thankfully, Brian Morris, a federal judge just vacated the permit for the KeystoneXL pipeline citing global warming.

https://www.sierraclub.org/press-releases/2018/11/blow-pipeline-project-court-invalidates-trump-administration-s-keystone-xl

16 hours ago, ewerk said:

This is the same man who refused to attend a WW1 commemoration event for his own soldiers because of a light drizzle.

Sounds like someone disrespecting our heroes - surely he should be sacked.

Poor Donny

Hes all confused. 

President Donald Trump denies even knowing the man he’s just named acting attorney general.

“I don’t know Matt Whitaker,” Trump told reporters at the White House before leaving on a trip to France. 

That contradicted Trump’s remarks on Fox News last month, when he called Whitaker “a great guy” and said, “I mean, I know Matt Whitaker.”

53 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Out of all of that, the last paragraph sums it up perfectly. 

“In the most basic sense, just in terms of getting off his ass to do the basic boring things presidents do, Trump can’t do the job. He can’t care and he won’t work and he never tells the truth both because he doesn’t know it and is afraid to know it. There is no reason to ask him or anyone who works for him questions—a half-truth isn’t true enough and even a half-lie is still a lie, and they will never do better than either. The work that needs doing, which Trump and his people cannot do or even see, is plain and urgent. It’s all much bigger than him.”

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

And his supporters don’t care. Although I think they’re in the minority now

They are but still substantial. It seems to be a cities versus rural split generally. 

I see Clinton is thinking of running again - that'll ensure he wins again. 

• Like 1

I thought this bit was particularly poignant vis-a-vis Brexit as well.

"Trump and a lot of the people in his thrall are, it seems safe to say, gone. They will continue to walk among us—Trump will be in a golf cart—but they will never come back. They are somewhere else. There is nothing they are not prepared to believe if the right people say it; they will choose the right lie over any truth not just without regret but with pride."

• Like 1

On 13/11/2018 at 10:25, NJS said:

They are but still substantial. It seems to be a cities versus rural split generally. 

I see Clinton is thinking of running again - that'll ensure he wins again. 

Surely the Democrats can see that she’s about the worst candidate they could put forward

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

Always the statesman.

I thought the US was the one that’s really utilized a NATO response more than anyone? Hell of a lot of NATO backing in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars iirc (I think someone had posted about it on here the other day). 

The man is a total disgrace tbh there’s no other way round it. Macron was obviously having a dig at him but Trump has reacted like a classless and petulant child, his rebukes have been laughable and embarrassing as tweets like that are simply incorrect on multiple levels. His responses to recent disasters have been genuinely sickening, the Puerto Rico and California ones in particular. I genuinely can’t believe he gets away with a lot of what he says, imagine the response if Obama has reacted like that to those disasters? He’d be branded a terrorist and anti American at the very least. 

It’s sad when you have to almost dislike the fact there’s a strong economy at the moment, it basically has fucking nothing to do with him as the economy takes a while to build and it’s the previous administrations work which has likely had the biggest impact however this sweaty orange bollock is claiming all the credit and his support base is lapping it up. 

I’m just glad the Democrats were able to get some power back, hopefully they can now slow his destructive and divisive policies down. 

Also, Hillary Clinton can absolutely fuck off. If anyone in the Democratic Party backs her even in the slightest they seriously need their head checked. Potentially the only person that could run against this rotund sack of human garbage and lose. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden