President Biden

Happy Face

• 2 weeks later...

:lol:

Not sure Iran is a big enough military power to trigger WWIII though. I have my doubts that they'll even declare war in any earnest sense.

Edited by Rayvin

I think they pretty much have to retaliate or they'll look weak both domestically and internationally. Hopefully they're trying to think of a good way of retaliating without forcing themselves into a war that they won't win - maybe invading Iraq to 'clear out US military bases' or something like this.

Hard to imagine them declaring war on the US with zero capability to do anything to directly assault American territories whilst at the same time leaving their own country exposed and vulnerable.

Tbh this is a decent power flaunt by the US. Calling Iran's bluff almost. 

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I think they pretty much have to retaliate or they'll look weak both domestically and internationally. Hopefully they're trying to think of a good way of retaliating without forcing themselves into a war that they won't win - maybe invading Iraq to 'clear out US military bases' or something like this.

Hard to imagine them declaring war on the US with zero capability to do anything to directly assault American territories whilst at the same time leaving their own country exposed and vulnerable.

Tbh this is a decent power flaunt by the US. Calling Iran's bluff almost. 

Soleimani's ultimate goal was to remove the US from Iraq, he's set up the Iranian forces over the past 12 months as if he knew his days were numbered. It's like he was willing to sacrifice himself to force the US out of that area.

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

they will retaliate. they've been at proxy war with the americans for most of trump's presidency tbh

They probably won’t retaliate themselves knowing there are enough stooges desperate for an excuse to commit a terrorist attack against either the US or someone seen as an ally.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden