Jump to content
Happy Face

Precedent Trump

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

:lol: In any normal country, saying something mental like "I'm not a big person who believes in sharks too much" would already be enough to disqualify you from holding high office.

 

It would disqualify you from most jobs tbh :cuppa:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

 

It would disqualify you from most jobs tbh :cuppa:

 

 

Spouting bollocks like that would get you a promotion into management where I work. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Spouting bollocks like that would get you a promotion into management where I work. 

And angry rants from wykiki on online message boards where he works...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

He has commendably just signed the US up to the program to plant 1tn trees.

Only because his staff disguised it as a burger order for his Tuesday Treat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

He has commendably just signed the US up to the program to plant 1tn trees.

 

along the mexican boarder? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye. As recently as 10 years ago that would have been the end of the Republican Party. Now you can do what you want as long as you tell people on Facebook that you're doing something different. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing matters anymore. People are too partisan, to emotionally invested in their side of this bloody culture war that  it just doesn't matter.

 

We just have to hope they put it right in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Nothing matters anymore. People are too partisan, to emotionally invested in their side of this bloody culture war that  it just doesn't matter.

 

We just have to hope they put it right in November.

 

"They" being America's centrists. Let's hope for a candidate who actually appeals to them. :pray: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This bloke is the leader of the party and he's treating it all like a big joke. All the Trump lot will just think he's owning the libs or some shit. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

 

"They" being America's centrists. Let's hope for a candidate who actually appeals to them. :pray: 

A socialist, a gay vacuum, a beige corporate shrill or Warren who seems okay but I don't enough about to define - what could go wrong? 

 

Using my West Wing knowledge I reckon Bloomberg will try and buy the conference with the backing of the DNC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

 

"They" being America's centrists. Let's hope for a candidate who actually appeals to them. :pray: 

 

:lol:

 

As ever, I'm hoping for Bernie Sanders. I assume you prefer the guy who no one seems to care for very much who is only running because he was the second to a greater man, or the other guy who was involved in the development of an app which appears to have obfuscated an electoral process, and who has received fewer votes than Sanders, but who has somehow come out ahead.

 

I think you're safe. The democrats will choose the unthreatening option irrespective of what the membership wants. And then we just have to hope that all the young people that such shithousery deters, aren't refusing to vote in sufficient numbers that Trump wins.

 

I do concede he would be more palatable to the centrists though ;) Well, I think so. I haven't actually seen any data on that.

 

 

Edited by Rayvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

:lol:

 

As ever, I'm hoping for Bernie Sanders. I assume you prefer the guy who no one seems to care for very much who is only running because he was the second to a greater man, or the other guy who was involved in the development of an app which appears to have obfuscated an electoral process, and who has received fewer votes than Sanders, but who has somehow come out ahead.

 

I think you're safe. The democrats will choose the unthreatening option irrespective of what the membership wants. And then we just have to hope that all the young people that such shithousery deters, aren't refusing to vote in sufficient numbers that Trump wins.

 

I do concede he would be more palatable to the centrists though ;) Well, I think so. I haven't actually seen any data on that.

 

 

 

Bernie Sanders can’t win and would not be able to sufficiently guarantee he could last a whole term without dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having said all that a lot of polls suggest Sanders would be the best bet against Trump - but that's now before the campaign really starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

 

Bernie Sanders can’t win and would not be able to sufficiently guarantee he could last a whole term without dying.

 

I agree with the last bit in theory, haven't seen any evidence to support the first bit myself - plenty of evidence last time out that he would have beaten Trump but I do concede the picture has changed now. And I'm not saying he should win. I'm just not especially impressed by the determination of the establishment democrats to shithouse their way to someone that they "think" can win.

 

Ultimately I'll take anyone who isn't Trump - but a non-Sanders candidate who wins through the non-transparent machinations of the Democrats won't win either. If they want their centrist hero to win, he (or she, not sure where Warren places on the spectrum) has to win it fairly. If they don't, Trump will destroy them - partially because people who think like me will just give them the finger. Partially because it will make them look more corrupt than he is.

Edited by Rayvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I too would like to offer a strong opinion on a subject on which I am not well versed.

 

The strong opinion I put forward = the Democrats will lose if they fuck around with the electoral process and disenfranchise large numbers of left wing voters in the process.

 

I actually do feel I know a fair amount about that particular issue :lol: 

 

Or are you thinking I'm making a strong case for Sanders. If so, you misread. I said I hoped for him. Is that too strong? I have a slight tendency towards him. Still too much? Gun to my head, if really forced to answer, I think that maybe, I could possibly get away with thinking that overall, all things considered to the best of my ability, that Sanders is possibly, at least in the current lay of the land, the right person to go up against Trump. I think that's the best I can do ewerk. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how I make a flippant remark aimed at no one in particular and you lose your shit. Never change, Rayvin. :lol: 

Edited by ewerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: Fair enough.

 

I've just missed railing about politics for a couple of weeks and am now over-eager :D

 

Although I have to concede, there's a general world-weariness in me about all these things now. I fully expect Trump to win this no matter who he goes up against, because the world just sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

I agree with the last bit in theory, haven't seen any evidence to support the first bit myself - plenty of evidence last time out that he would have beaten Trump but I do concede the picture has changed now. And I'm not saying he should win. I'm just not especially impressed by the determination of the establishment democrats to shithouse their way to someone that they "think" can win.

 

Ultimately I'll take anyone who isn't Trump - but a non-Sanders candidate who wins through the non-transparent machinations of the Democrats won't win either. If they want their centrist hero to win, he (or she, not sure where Warren places on the spectrum) has to win it fairly. If they don't, Trump will destroy them - partially because people who think like me will just give them the finger. Partially because it will make them look more corrupt than he is.

Warren is considered to the left of everyone apart from Sanders but she's faded in the primary polls from her best position a couple of months ago. 

 

Obviously I'd prefer Sanders but realistically the next best is Warren. 

 

As I said I wouldn't be surprised if Bloomberg gets it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×