President Biden

Happy Face

Just now, ewerk said:

Ah, the benefits of the self confidence that moral purity brings.

It's not moral purity. I'm not claiming any moral highground. I just don't give a fuck anymore. Trump, Bloomberg, Biden, I don't see the fucking difference. All of them well to the right of the Tories.

Rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

clear conscious, but you lose your right to complain about the result if you don't vote

By virtue of that, none of us can complain about Trump having been elected in the first place.

I'll complain if I want to, thanks ;)

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

sanders, like corbyn, is a "with me or against me" no compromises type who will lose the election.

biden is cut from the same cloth as Hilary but he will do better in the rust belt. he will also do better in florida than bernie would. it's a crucial state if the dems are going to do well and bernie ostracised half the state with his bizarre pro-castro views. again, like corbyn, he is completely unbending in support for dodgy people who are electorally toxic. 

biden's amazing night underlines the importance of coalition-building. his is a broad tent and includes blacks, surburban women etc tec. 

biden can win - the centrists are coming - coalitions win elections. 

His broad tent is older voters. That's a common theme going right through it irrespective of other demographics. He's a favourite of boomers with some degree of liberal conscience.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

By virtue of that, none of us can complain about Trump having been elected in the first place.

I'll complain if I want to, thanks ;)

i was talking about the bernie voters who decide not to vote democrat, not you personally :lol:

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

It's not moral purity. I'm not claiming any moral highground. I just don't give a fuck anymore. Trump, Bloomberg, Biden, I don't see the fucking difference. All of them well to the right of the Tories.

Rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

:lol: Again, it's your assertion that anyone other than your ideal candidate is the devil incarnate. 

Biden wants to remove capital punishment, reduce mandatory minimum sentences, abolish private jails, introduce a $15 minimum wage, give two free years of college tuition, increase teacher pay, restrict electoral campaign finance, reduce carbon emissions, protect the environment from oil drilling, enhance gun control, protect 'Dreamers', increase capital gains tax and increase tax on the wealthiest.

But aye, apart from that him and Trump are pretty much the same. :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

:lol: Again, it's your assertion that anyone other than your ideal candidate is the devil incarnate. 

Biden wants to remove capital punishment, reduce mandatory minimum sentences, abolish private jails, introduce a $15 minimum wage, give two free years of college tuition, increase teacher pay, restrict electoral campaign finance, reduce carbon emissions, protect the environment from oil drilling, enhance gun control, protect 'Dreamers', increase capital gains tax and increase tax on the wealthiest.

But aye, apart from that him and Trump are pretty much the same. :rolleyes: 

Fair enough if he manages all of it, I guess. I'll hold my hands up if he does.

Will you lot hold your hands up if Trump destroys him? I already know, don't bother answering.

i was talking about the bernie voters who decide not to vote democrat, not you personally :lol:

I mean the parallels with my stance are really clear though, so again, I was speaking in that sense.

Nevermind anyway, it's all a moot point. If Sanders throws his weight behind Biden when the latter wins, in the same way he did for Clinton, then maybe enough people can be called out for Trump to be defeated. We'll see I suppose, but it looks like game over now for Sanders.

Just now, ewerk said:

'We either improve people's lives a lot or not at all'.

It's a strange way to live your life.

Ok?

I'm good without your approval ewerk :lol: I mean, I'll survive.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

'We either improve people's lives a lot or not at all'.

It's a strange way to live your life.

some on the left would rather be a debating club - principled in opposition, while the world burns - instead of compromising, winning power and changing lives for the better

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ok?

I'm good without your approval ewerk :lol: I mean, I'll survive.

Of course you are, I'm not morally pure enough for your liking. 

some on the left would rather be a debating club - principled in opposition, while the world burns - instead of compromising, winning power and changing lives for the better

Image result for that's bait meme

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Image result for that's bait meme

how else do you describe the sanders voters who can't bring themselves to vote biden?

or, for that matter, the momentum type who rewrites history, rejecting all the accomplishments made by labour's most successful leader of the last 50 years? 

Edited by Dr Gloom

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

how else do you describe the sanders voters who can't bring themselves to vote biden?

or, for that matter, the momentum type who rewrites history, rejecting all the accomplishments made by labour's most successful leader of the last 50 years? 

I'm not doing this mate, I'm surprised I've been drawn into this as much as I have. I'm not denigrating Blair or Obama or anyone. But they're not the men we need right now.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I'm not doing this mate, I'm surprised I've been drawn into this as much as I have. I'm not denigrating Blair or Obama or anyone. But they're not the men we need right now.

I’d give my left nut to have either one back in charge right now, tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d give my left nut to have either one back in charge right now, tbh. 

Me too just about. In charge, that is. Leading the parties trying to get back into power - no. They'd lose.

EDIT - which is a moot point really because we're losing no matter what. So I'm gonna stick to voting for this that makes logical sense, until such a time as I believe anyone can actually win. In the UK, it means Green.

Edited by Rayvin

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

Jesus Christ, that’s weapons grade stupidity.

Ah, back to being stupid again. It's been a while.

You're probably right tbh. But no contribution you have ever made on this forum has made me reconsider my position on anything. I've changed my mind plenty on here in the face of evidence, but I'm yet to see you go toe to toe with me on anything. So you can stick to sniping pointlessly but tbh mate, I'm just gonna ignore it from here on out unless it comes with an argument.

Edited by Rayvin

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Me too just about. In charge, that is. Leading the parties trying to get back into power - no. They'd lose.

EDIT - which is a moot point really because we're losing no matter what. So I'm gonna stick to voting for this that makes logical sense, until such a time as I believe anyone can actually win. In the UK, it means Green.

Blair would have destroyed Johnson at the last election. That isn’t up for debate.

Biden has a genuine chance against Trump. He is loved by the African Americans - he’s Obama’s brother. And he has captured the crucial Hispanic vote in Florida that Sanders inexplicably pissed away.

Sanders is too divisive to govern. Warren has been the big disappointment for me but then I guess the yanks aren’t ready to elect a woman. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Blair would have destroyed Johnson at the last election. That isn’t up for debate.

Biden has a genuine chance against Trump. He is loved by the African Americans - he’s Obama’s brother. And he has captured the crucial Hispanic vote in Florida that Sanders inexplicably pissed away.

Sanders is too divisive to govern. Warren has been the big disappointment for me but then I guess the yanks aren’t ready to elect a woman. 

It is up for debate ffs.

What would Blair's position on Brexit have been then, that would have won over the Leave voters? Jesus Christ man.

In fairness to Blair he said it would be catastrophic for Labour to go into an election before Brexit was resolved and he was right.

He’d walkover this current lot.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden