President Biden

Happy Face

there'll be a few more from the looney side of things. like his rhetoric since election night, it'll be a mixed bag of establishment and the eccentric. i don't think anyone will really know what his presidency will look like till he gets in the oval office. even then, he'll probably keep us guessing for four years. for every move where he starts to look a little statesman-like, there'll be another pussy grab or joke at the expense of the disabled around the corner. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

He really had to disavow that lot 'hailing' him now he's won, I think he let ones like the KKK slide without proper disavowing because he didn't want to lose their votes. I think he'll start to push that extreme fringe away now before letting down the less extreme Alt-right lot.

About that group saying "hail Trump" and throwing up Nazi salutes, do they genuinely believe that shite? I know they're white supremacists but I just find it very hard to believe that people in this day and age can have any sort of affection for the Nazi regime and what it did, especially when you consider your countries troops died fighting that regime not exactly "supportin' the troops" like they always drone on about. They're basically the poster boy for bad guys, so right from the off you're saying you're a bad guy :lol: .

Edited by Howay

I don't think that's a good thing. This means that he clearly doesn't believe that Bannon is the alt-right. Which means everything Bannon believes is still on the table.

All he's effectively doing here is de-toxifying the guy.

I don't think that's a good thing. This means that he clearly doesn't believe that Bannon is the alt-right. Which means everything Bannon believes is still on the table.

All he's effectively doing here is de-toxifying the guy.

It wasn't the Alt-right as a whole, it was specific to that group that were nazi saluting and yelling 'hail Trump'. Whatever Bannon is he's not a part of that extreme type imo. 

As for whatever Bannon believes being on the table I think him and Trump are probably on a similar page in that regard, I don't see him as the type that will bring too many on that aren't of a similar mindset in that regard.

Is that to do with the Hillary stuff? I mean this type of frustration was bound to happen as he was never going to do some of the crackers stuff he was talking about, most politicians are bullshitting about what they will do but I think the difference this time is these people really believed it and some of it was stuff that could be done quite quickly (like saying you would be appointing someone to look into Clinton), whereas normally politicians lie about stuff like closing Guantanamo, pulling out of Iraq, infrastructure improvements etc that take fucking years to do anything about and people aren't as massively vested in/it's harder to track. 

Is that to do with the Hillary stuff? I mean this type of frustration was bound to happen as he was never going to do some of the crackers stuff he was talking about, most politicians are bullshitting about what they will do but I think the difference this time is these people really believed it and some of it was stuff that could be done quite quickly (like saying you would be appointing someone to look into Clinton), whereas normally politicians lie about stuff like closing Guantanamo, pulling out of Iraq, infrastructure improvements etc that take fucking years to do anything about and people aren't as massively vested in/it's harder to track.

Aye it is. Clinton in particular but the general change in his rhetoric hasn't gone unnoticed.

It'll be interesting to see where this ends up.

Aye it is. Clinton in particular but the general change in his rhetoric hasn't gone unnoticed.

It'll be interesting to see where this ends up.

Aye I can't see them being too happy and the unintended consequence to giving them this voice in his rise to power is they now have a voice against him (to a degree, what they can actually do is probably negligible mind).

He reckons his son in law is the man to sort out the Middle East. :lol:

Who knows, maybe someone with no ulterior motive can figure it out. This isn't a vote of confidence in Kushner, more cynicism about those who have gone before.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/22/media-stars-agree-to-off-the-record-meeting-with-trump-break-agreement-whine-about-mistreatment/

Reiterates many of the points I made about the broadcasters meeting Trump and why it's pitiful.

Absolutely spot on. The thing that really stood out for me when I read the comments was the little pansy that said he would "get over it all after thanksgiving" when that's the exact opposite of what his reaction should be. Greenwald hits the nail on the head.

Who knows, maybe someone with no ulterior motive can figure it out. This isn't a vote of confidence in Kushner, more cynicism about those who have gone before.

No it's definitely bigging up his SIL. He requested security clearance for him to be in on the daily briefing ffs.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden