President Biden

Happy Face

Wish this was all just a reality show.

I actually enjoy all this stuff from Trump, find it entertaining. Would be telling all my friends about this great new show. And he's an interesting character to listen to. I wonder how many people voted just because they think he's funny?

Still hasn't really clicked that this is all for realsies.

My eldest doesn't believe Donald Trump can be anyone's real name. Same goes for Ed Balls.

I reckon it's more like this: Farage doesn't want the role but he does want a lucrative role in negotiating a new trade deal with the US. Farage says the ambassador's job isn't for him but that it demonstrates the close relationship he has with the president elect. Our politicians need to stop living in a bubble and work in the way in which big business works in the real world. That would be to use a man who already has the ear of the new president in order to get a cracking new deal for the UK, etc., et-fucking-cetera

See no problem with it. There's a raging Bromance on the go, might as well cash in.

I don't think Trump is going to hand out any brilliant deals because the chief negotiator is a 'mate'. Not that I doubt that Farage is angling for some sort of role.

Trump wants an obedient dog who will do his bidding on his behalf and knows that he has that in Farage.

It's TTIP we have to worry about.

He won't like that either. He has zero tolerance on trade deals of any kind. :lol:

May and Co are more likely to want it.

What with the huge demos in Germany and America along with Brexit I reckon it's dead anyway.

Edited by Park Life

He's had all the media in a big room and told them what is what.

“It was like a fucking firing squad,” one source said of the encounter."

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

"Which one of you is Walter Cronkite? You're a cunt."

He's had all the media in a big room and told them what is what.

“It was like a fucking firing squad,” one source said of the encounter."

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

He basically called them liars and cunts to their faces while toying with a Mach 10.

Edited by Park Life

I'm not sure that they will. He's got one term president written all over him. 

Though compare the way he behaves to the way some of our parties desperately attempt to win favour with the press.

I'm not sure that they will. He's got one term president written all over him. 

Though compare the way he behaves to the way some of our parties desperately attempt to win favour with the press.

They already are...

The Huffington Post’s editor's note calling Donald Trump as a “racist” and “xenophobe” is no more, a source in the newsroom tells POLITICO.

For months, every story on the Huffington Post about Trump came with the following note at the bottom of the article.

"Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S."

A note sent to staff members from Huffpost’s Washington Bureau Chief Ryan Grim on Tuesday evening said the decision to remove the note was for a “clean slate”.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/11/the-huffington-post-ending-its-editors-note-about-donald-trump-231044

They reflexively kowtow to power. They crave access. They have no other investigative skills to trade.

This is a fair point I guess but he'll need them too... how else will he get his message across?

That's hardly kowtowing. You'd expect them to behave differently once he'd won. You'd also expect him to act differently but there's no evidence of that yet.

You'd expect the press to be more lenient on someone in power? I think the opposite.

You'd expect the press to be more lenient on someone in power? I think the opposite.

I'd expect them to judge him on what he does from this point on. The electorate were full aware of his flaws and voted him in regardless. There's no point in banging on about past failings, there will be plenty more to come to hit him with.

I'd expect them to judge him on what he does from this point on. The electorate were full aware of his flaws and voted him in regardless. There's no point in banging on about past failings, there will be plenty more to come to hit him with.

To add to this, it actually gives them more credibility this way around. If they kept it going he could point to all negative reporting as part of a lasting agenda - with this, they can set out that they've focused only on what he has done since being in power.

I dunno, I don't think the media establishment are going to go down without a fight on this HF. They're loyal to the centre, not the right.

It's been a massive discussion how much the public has been swayed by "fake news" so there is a big question mark over how aware the electorate were.   if anything real journalists should redouble efforts to factually portray him and the racist position of his platformm.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden