President Biden

Happy Face

We will be better able to get into the specifics after the first 100 days. So far the noises about the trade deals (the one's half of Europe and America have protested about) and better relations with Russia are promising signs that he does intend a reset of sorts.

This will have angered the Globalists and the Military Industrial Complex (the shadow Govt. if you like).

Illegal immigration is something most of America is worried about (bar maybe California).  All afaik he's committed to is deporting those that have committed crimes whilst in America.

My major worry about Trump is that he lacks political finesse which is compounded by a very challenging persona and ego. If he can get out of the way of himself and reach out to both chambers will be the test.

Will the corporate media back off? Depends if he gives their bosses and owners things to worry about. A lot of them have changed their tune just cause the stock market went up... :lol:

Will he do something for the rust belt and the inner city? I think he will.

I'm intrigued to see if he can get the 21 trillion hidden in offshore funds back into the states with some kind of amnesty or investment honeymoon. This is a pretty good idea and I hope he doesn't forget about it.

Is he a nutcase? Yes. But you have to be one to run for President. ;)

it's massively watered down so far. he previously talked about tearing up nafta, instead we've got a retreat on TPP, which was already dead in the water. 

he talked about deportations - instead we've got talks of visa checks. 

no talk of the wall, repeallng obamacare or banning muslims either, significantly.

efforts clearly being made behind the scenes to soften his stance. will the angry white american voter accept it? 

Back off?  They're already on the leash.  

The notion of actual journalists doing as they're told and trooping along to the king's mansion for a telling off is preposterous.  Would Jeremy Scahill or Jon Pilger?  Would Assange (if he could) or Chris Hedges?

These TV personalities who traipsed along with their employers are no more than court jesters looking for political access to present alongside adverts for lifestyle products they want to sell to their demographic, whether it be "liberal" MSNBC, "centrist" CNN, "conservative" NBC or "Redneck" Fox.

the entire "MSM' is corrupt in Parkyland, remember. 

complete and utter tosh, of course. 

the entire "MSM' is corrupt in Parkyland, remember. 

complete and utter tosh, of course. 

Yet it was 'Parkyland' that predicted Brexit and Trump. I shall deliver my analysis on France shortly. You best pay attention. :lol:

HF is saying it's corrupt 'court jesters looking for political access' etc...

Edited by Park Life

they have a leftie editorial agenda and their op-ed pages will always reflect that. but it's opinion, remember.

don't expect them to stop reporting on trump's racist or sexist comments either. it would be lunacy to stop that just because a sexist xenophobe is in the white house.

I'm not convinced it is 'leftie', it's abandoned the true left (economic progressiveness) for social and political progress. The latter being all well and good, but curiously lacking in impact on the lives of middle class elites. And it's parroting of identity politics is simply divisive.

I don't expect them not to report on racism and sexism man, by all means report on it, but they're going to have to accept that these points aren't why the majority of people voted for him, and that therefore, these points aren't hugely important to most people. Certainly not as important as putting bread on the table. The Guardian's sneering middle class tone was taken down a few pegs after the election (aside from the initial hysterical release of articles crying about how sexist everyone was) and I'm grateful for it.

As I said though, they've put some decent articles out there since. It's noticeable how many more articles are addressing the actual issues now, rather than just identity politics narratives.

Sneering middle class tone mixed with asking people for money every 5 mins. :lol:

'Become a supporter'.....Nah mate I'm only here to light up the comments section. :face_batman:

Edited by Park Life

Aye, was it Mussolini that got the trains running on time?

Just so we're clear, nothing in my comments beyond my belief that Trump disrupting the political machine was a good thing, is a statement of my support for any of his ideas. I do believe that he should be held accountable to the people who elected him though, in the same way as I would expect that from someone on the left. The media has a job to do there. I suspect they won't do this of course, and will instead continue to defend the overthrown political establishment - which, if they do, will give Trump the ability to claim that said establishment is stacking the deck against him, and that he couldn't realise his reforms. They need to hold him to account on things he said he would do, more than anything, if they want to defeat this movement. It needs to try and fail. The risk is that it might try and succeed of course...

Sneering middle class tone mixed with asking people for money every 5 mins. :lol:

'Become a supporter'.....Nah mate I'm only here to light up the comments section. :face_batman:

Yeah I'm not convinced that they're long for this world judging by the prevalence of those pleas... it'd be worry if they went under though as we do need them, perverse as they've become, but I just can't bring myself to pay for something that spits out narratives and carries people blindly along with it. They've been complicit in the distraction of left wing people from true progress, and they need to come to terms with that. Looking at how many middle class women we have earning £150k+ in boardrooms in this country is not what I would consider to be a left wing talking point.

Yet it was 'Parkyland' that predicted Brexit and Trump. I shall deliver my analysis on France shortly. You best pay attention. :lol:

HF is saying it's corrupt 'court jesters looking for political access' etc...

i look forward to you extolling the virtues of the front national 

_92604119_trumptweet.png

What a fucking man-child.

:lol:

Do you reckon this will be a constant theme, or just an initial show of strength? As in, will one side or the other back down? The media can't back down ffs, so it'll have to be Trump.

Yeah I'm not convinced that they're long for this world judging by the prevalence of those pleas... it'd be worry if they went under though as we do need them, perverse as they've become, but I just can't bring myself to pay for something that spits out narratives and carries people blindly along with it. They've been complicit in the distraction of left wing people from true progress, and they need to come to terms with that. Looking at how many middle class women we have earning £150k+ in boardrooms in this country is not what I would consider to be a left wing talking point.

they need to accept, like the rest of legacy media, that people have to pay for quality journalism.

i think this is something the world will accept largely after a few more years of sucking up fake stories on facebook

i look forward to you extolling the virtues of the front national 

I read a comment in the Guardian that suggested that it was impossible Le Pen would win given how their system works. She has enough to get to the final round of voting but that'd be it.

:lol:

Do you reckon this will be a constant theme, or just an initial show of strength? As in, will one side or the other back down? The media can't back down ffs, so it'll have to be Trump.

Neither will. Which is why he's in for four years of bad press as he continues to lose the plot.

they need to accept, like the rest of legacy media, that people have to pay for quality journalism.

i think this is something the world will accept largely after a few more years of sucking up fake stories on facebook

I think they have accepted this, hence the pleas. They're worried, I suspect, about the hit to their circulation they would take if they paywalled their website. They're a popular site at the moment because they're free and have an active comment section. The latter will go when the paywall comes up.

When the time comes for them to do it, I think I'll simply stick to the Economist. If I'm going to be paying for Neoliberalism, I may as well cut out the middleman (and the identity politics).

Neither will. Which is why he's in for four years of bad press as he continues to lose the plot.

If it continues like this, I genuinely think he'll just quit, probably 18 months into the job or something.

He has ridiculously thin skin like, he'll need to toughen up a bit. Saying that I think some of it is tactical to deflect things (like moaning about the Hamilton cast being 'mean' to Pence the same morning he paid $25m out for the Trump University fraud), some of it is of course just him being very sensitive but what can you expect from a man with the hands of an infant.

I will say that while his whining about Saturday night live parodying him is further proof of this they SNL lot can fuck right off trying to make some stand on it and acting like they all hate him, they had the fucker on while he was running for election ffs way to give the bloke a prime time Saturday evening platform to come across as approachable etc.

Noteworthy that the written press seem to have some basic journalistic standards we seem happy to forgive of the major broadcasters who went along for their telling off.

They went along to discuss press access. It's probably fairly standard for major news figures to have an off the record meeting with the incoming president. They didn't go along in the full knowledge that they were going to get a scolding.

They went along to discuss press access. It's probably fairly standard for major news figures to have an off the record meeting with the incoming president. They didn't go along in the full knowledge that they were going to get a scolding.

Wolf Blitzer went to talk to Donald Trump and thought they were going to agree the logisitics of access, rather than that being decided by others who then put them in a room to discuss actual politics?  i don't see it.

Given the drum beat for war that the major broadcasters coordinated with the Bush regime, the mountains of evidence of collusion between the Clinton campaign and her media puppets (which we were told should not surprise us and was hardly wotrth leaking) why does anyone think they're at all interested in antagonising the president?

Wolf Blitzer went to talk to Donald Trump and thought they were going to agree the logisitics of access, rather than that being decided by others who then put them in a room to discuss actual politics?  i don't see it.

Given the drum beat for war that the major broadcasters coordinated with the Bush regime, the mountains of evidence of collusion between the Clinton campaign and her media puppets (which we were told should not surprise us and was hardly wotrth leaking) why does anyone think they're at all interested in antagonising the president?

It depends who you think holds the power really. Trump will be president but I think he's got some way to go to properly overthrow the established order (if he even wants to). I'd imagine the media would remain with the establishment.

He has ridiculously thin skin like, he'll need to toughen up a bit. Saying that I think some of it is tactical to deflect things (like moaning about the Hamilton cast being 'mean' to Pence the same morning he paid $25m out for the Trump University fraud), some of it is of course just him being very sensitive but what can you expect from a man with the hands of an infant.

I will say that while his whining about Saturday night live parodying him is further proof of this they SNL lot can fuck right off trying to make some stand on it and acting like they all hate him, they had the fucker on while he was running for election ffs way to give the bloke a prime time Saturday evening platform to come across as approachable etc.

The stuff about his hands reminds me of Jack Kelly in Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden