President Biden

Happy Face

15 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I understand what you're saying but the Democrats would be hard pushed to have chosen a worse candidate.

He certainly wouldn't have been my choice, but electorally I don't think he's that bad a choice. I mean in a sane world he would be the Republican candidate. USA pretty fucking far from sane at the moment

• Like 3

I find this false equivalence really irritating personally,  "they're all as bad as each other". We had it last time too with Clinton. They're no way equivalent. Trump is a homophobic, misogynistic, racist, narcisstic, psychopath. He's a fucking climate change denier nationalist arsehole. Aye, but Bidens just as bad somehow. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

I find this false equivalence really irritating personally,  "they're all as bad as each other". We had it last time too with Clinton. They're no way equivalent. Trump is a homophobic, misogynistic, racist, narcisstic, psychopath. He's a fucking climate change denier nationalist arsehole. Aye, but Bidens just as bad somehow. 

Even on here, it was quite something. There were some extraordinary debates with Parky and Rayvin last time around. If I remember correctly, they both preferred Trump because Hillary was a bigger threat on the global stage because of her interventionist leanings. 

More or less everything that you could predict would happen with Trump has happened. 

:lol: there's always someone to blame on here. CT is personally responsible for Brexit, Rayvin is personally responsible for Trump.

I think I can safely say that we ALL want rid of the cunt in November, and I would personally welcome a life-changing health event for the bloke. Grim reaper, please do your job at your earliest convenience. 

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Even on here, it was quite something. There were some extraordinary debates with Parky and Rayvin last time around. If I remember correctly, they both preferred Trump because Hillary was a bigger threat on the global stage because of her interventionist leanings. 

More or less everything that you could predict would happen with Trump has happened. 

I don't recall having much to say at all about Hillary from an interventionist perspective. My view, hugely informed by Brexit, was that a right wing backlash was coming as the 'culture war' grew (a phrase I was mocked for at the time, and yet here we all are dying in it now :lol: ) and that Trump was such a hopelessly inept leader that even if he was an out and out fascist - which I think he is at this point - that it was better to have someone like this without a brain take control of the US compared to someone holding the same politics but with a brain, which we might have had this time around if Hillary had won.

As it is, I expect Trump to lose and the far right to be a busted electoral flush for a while as a consequence.

So my view was more about 4D chess :D 

I think Trump is toast. I don't think Biden would get a look in under the normal run of things, he's a hopelessly uninspiring man, but he should be able to put Trump away.

Edited by Rayvin

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't recall having much to say at all about Hillary from an interventionist perspective. My view, hugely informed by Brexit, was that a right wing backlash was coming as the 'culture war' grew (a phrase I was mocked for at the time, and yet here we all are dying in it now :lol: ) and that Trump was such a hopelessly inept leader that even if he was an out and out fascist - which I think he is at this point - that it was better to have someone like this without a brain take control of the US compared to someone holding the same politics but with a brain, which we might have had this time around if Hillary had won.

As it is, I expect Trump to lose and the far right to be a busted electoral flush for a while as a consequence.

I think Trump is toast. I don't think Biden would get a look in under the normal run of things, he's a hopelessly uninspiring man, but he should be able to put Trump away.

i hope you're proud of yourself - you owe the whole world an apology for this one. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What you don't understand here is that Trump isn't going anywhere. There will still be 60 million people voting for him. Much like Brexiteers these cunts are in their element when not in power but shouting bullshit from the opposition.

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i hope you're proud of yourself - you owe the whole world an apology for this one. 

He does like. Ttump has normalised blatant lying, hatred, and division. Not only in US society, but filtering down to the anglophone countries, nowhere moreso than England. We'll never get over this. Shame on you Rayvin, shame. 

On 10/11/2016 at 11:52, Rayvin said:

It'll get worse before it gets better IMO :(

Plus, even if I'm wrong about the whole Neoliberalism shit and this is just an entirely racist and misogynistic event like the fantasists are saying, in 4 years time Trump will have done such a horrifying job that the US will probably be about ready to elect its first black lesbian President, let alone the first woman.

So, not right about all that much in this post :lol:

I think my view back then was that if Trump won it would demonstrate to people that the right had nothing to offer and maybe speed the US towards the left. Wrong as it turns out - I feel that the left was given a pretty fair hearing this time out (less so in the Clinton run) and lost fair and square. The appetite just isn't there, in the US or the UK. Tough lesson to learn, but then also a freeing one - I have simply given up on politics now, the world is doomed and it's all hopeless.

7 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

What you don't understand here is that Trump isn't going anywhere. There will still be 60 million people voting for him. Much like Brexiteers these cunts are in their element when not in power but shouting bullshit from the opposition.

No I do understand that, now at least. Apparently not then though.

My worldview has changed hugely in the past 4 years, I'm basically just waiting for the species to kill itself now. We're beyond saving, it's never going to happen.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rayvin said:

My worldview has changed hugely in the past 4 years, I'm basically just waiting for the species to kill itself now. We're beyond saving, it's never going to happen.

i agree with you there like. climate catastrophe, genocide, nuclear war or the plague. our kids have got a lot to loo forward to. 

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Now he wanta us all to die. Grannies, kids, everyone. Utterly shameless. 

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I didn't compare them, I just said they are both fucking idiots. 

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden