President Biden

Happy Face

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

100 million votes cast in advance though. Doesn't that suggest an advantage to Biden? I think I'll be physically sick if I wake up to Trump presidency tomorrow morning. It's not just the US that will be fucked. 

I’m fully expecting the idiots to win/ start a “legal battle” or go full civil war. 

I think the only way one/all of the above can be avoided is a Biden landslide, which is unlikely. 

The National guard are out in their military vehicles and all the shops are boarded up, the White House has a new security perimeter. 

Almost like a dictatorship. 

If USA wasn’t USA they’d invade USA.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

the polls are narrowing - look at the battleground states. we've been down this road before and we know how it ends

image.png.e3c68afe4264994cc94d2f2768bfe4d9.png

Hardly, if you compare with the way the 2016 polls tightened sharply in the run-up. That hasn't happened here and Biden is still steadily ahead. 

Keep the faith, I certainly am. We're on course for a turnout not seen in 100 years. You think those are all Trump voters? 

1 minute ago, acrossthepond said:

Hardly, if you compare with the way the 2016 polls tightened sharply in the run-up. That hasn't happened here and Biden is still steadily ahead. 

Keep the faith, I certainly am. We're on course for a turnout not seen in 100 years. You think those are all Trump voters? 

I agree with you, I don't think Trump is going to win from here but honestly the thought that it could even get remotely close is such a deplorable fucking outcome that I don't think kicking him out is going to end this culture war.

9 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

He’s still way ahead with the popular vote, sure. Some of those crucial swing states are too close for comfort.

Then we’re seeing of examples of this sort of thing already

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I dunno, it’s been so long since an election went our way, I’m hard-wired to fear the worst 

It has to end at some point though. I mean frankly, if Biden can't win this then I'm right back on the rad left train because Biden is everything I've been told that "the left" needs to be putting forward. He's a right winger in a left wing suit. He's "electable". He's old and he's white. He's centrist.

He's everything I've been told we need, so he better fucking win this.

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He’s still way ahead with the popular vote, sure. Some of those crucial swing states are too close for comfort.

Then we’re seeing of examples of this sort of thing already

Why would the MAGA idiots stop people voting in NY? 

Trump did sound broken earlier today

Here's hoping. 

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It has to end at some point though. I mean frankly, if Biden can't win this then I'm right back on the rad left train because Biden is everything I've been told that "the left" needs to be putting forward. He's a right winger in a left wing suit. He's "electable". He's old and he's white. He's centrist.

The vice president isn't that demographic, she'll have the top job in less than 2 years I reckon (should Biden win).

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

i would have liked to have seen warren go up against trump but she was probably too female for the yanks. bernie was too scary to win over moderate republicans who are are exhausted by trump. biden was the safe bet, as was hillary last time around, so it could still go tits up. but she was up against trump the insurgent and they all know exactly what to expect after four years of him.

but trump's base won't budge. i expect it to be close either way. closer than the national poll suggests. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i would have liked to have seen warren go up against trump but she was probably too female for the yanks. bernie was too scary to win over moderate republicans who are are exhausted by trump. biden was the safe bet, as was hillary last time around, so it could still go tits up. but she was up against trump the insurgent and they all know exactly what to expect after four years of him.

but trump's base won't budge. i expect it to be close either way. closer than the national poll suggests. 

I expect Biden to win. But if he doesn't, the centre is more fucking dead to me than it already is :lol: He is the walking personification of it.

29 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I expect Biden to win. But if he doesn't, the centre is more fucking dead to me than it already is :lol: He is the walking personification of it.

probably the dem's safest bet but not the most inspiring candidate - an old senile granddad who can barely remember his opponent's name. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

probably the dem's safest bet but not the most inspiring candidate - an old senile granddad who can barely remember his opponent's name. 

It sounds to me like people are voting for "not Trump" more than they're voting for Biden. That would worry me normally but Trump is so repulsive that it might well be enough.

• Like 2

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden