President Biden

Happy Face

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

House chooses President and Senate chooses VP

That... is weird. So the House would choose Biden and the Senate would choose Pence??

I assumed the popular vote would come in at that point tbh.

Edited by Rayvin

The House likely would not choose Biden, because it's not based on a simple majority. Instead, each state delegation gets 1 vote (so instead of 435 members of the House voting, a majority of whom are Democratic, it would be the 50 states that represented in the House voting, a tiny majority of which are Republican overall.) 

The nationwide popular vote doesn't count at any point. 

I...don't know what to feel. This isn't 2016, because Hillary was already torpedoed by this point. It might be even worse. Biden is signaling he has the votes to win, and that might be true...now we get to see just how flagrantly the Republicans are prepared to cheat.

5 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

The House likely would not choose Biden, because it's not based on a simple majority. Instead, each state delegation gets 1 vote (so instead of 435 members of the House voting, a majority of whom are Democratic, it would be the 50 states that represented in the House voting, a tiny majority of which are Republican overall.) 

I...don't know what to feel. This isn't 2016, because Hillary was already torpedoed by this point. It might be even worse. Biden is signaling he has the votes to win, and that might be true...now we get to see just how flagrantly the Republicans are prepared to cheat.

Ok so actually then, a draw means Trump wins.

16 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

The way trump was sounding off about fraud suggests he knows Biden is right. 

You can’t tell with Trump though. I mean it’s close so he says it’s a fraud. That way if he loses it’s due to that and if he wins he won despite that. Discrediting the opposition either way. 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

You can’t tell with Trump though. I mean it’s close so he says it’s a fraud. That way if he loses it’s due to that and if he wins he won despite that. Discrediting the opposition either way. 

Exactly and his supporters will take to the streets and unlike the BLM protests they will take their guns with them (again)

I fear it's going to be hugely messy.

Yeah, Trump signposted this in advance tbf. It’s not exactly a surprise. Quite scary and unbelievable it’s actually unfolding though 

Edited by Dr Gloom

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ok so actually then, a draw means Trump wins.

As I understand it, it involves sufficient quorums being met so even then not clearcut. If those conditions aren't met then it goes to Pelosi. 

Biden looking home and hosed. Shit they didn't win the senate but this was primarily about getting rid of the poison. 

Very difficult for Trump to legitimately challenge Biden when he's now ahead in Nevada, Arizona, Michigan and Wisconsin, and comfortably ahead in the popular vote (with his lead there only going to extend). Basically, suck it Donny, take your cunt family and go home. 

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden