President Biden

Happy Face

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

There's a video, which I now can't find, of Capitol Police opening the gates and walking away, backs turned, as the protestors swarm in behind them. And there's footage of protestors posing for selfies with coppers inside of the building. I think there's some element of an inside job here, it just looked like a sightseeing visit on some of the video you watched

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

The police literally let them in

Once again Gemmill is 11 hours behind me.

There’s discussion that Pence and the Cabinet have already invoked the 25th but not announced it yet until the mouth breathers have dispersed from Washington DC. 

It turns out that Pence gave the order to deploy the National Guard, which only the President has the power to do. 
However, if that is the case, then technically he cannot oversee the ratification of the Electoral College votes, as that’s the job of the VP. 

I won’t be at all surprised if Trump is officially sacked off within the next day or so. 

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2464427/statement-by-acting-secretary-miller-on-full-activation-of-dc-national-guard/

( note that Trump, the Commander-in-Chief and only person authorised to do so, is explicitly not mentioned in the statement above about activating the National Guard). 

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Is he the only person authorised to deploy the NG though? I thought the Secretary of Defense could do it in DC?

You’re correct there, since DC has special status as it isn’t technically a state. 
But, it’s being reported that Pence gave the order. 
Also worth noting that there has been a flurry of resignations at the WH since the attack on the Capitol. 
The rats are abandoning ship. 

Be interesting to see what happens over the coming days. I suspect he'll see out his remaining time if he keeps his head down. If there's a repeat of this behaviour and a repeat of these scenes, they might do something. 

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s insane. 

As others have said if that was BLM the "authorities" would have opened fire as soon as possible. The place is a fucking bomb that is going to go off sooner than later.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sammynb said:

As others have said if that was BLM the "authorities" would have opened fire as soon as possible. The place is a fucking bomb that is going to go off sooner than later.

I think it’s gone off, tbh. :lol:

• Jaysus... 1

It’ll be interesting to see how the Biden inauguration ceremony goes ahead in the wake of this, and the need for it to be Covid-safe. 

Frankly, I’ll be amazed if it is still held on the steps of the Capitol as is usual. 

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not sure that's what you should be taking away from that shirt.

I mean, a bunch of nazis stormed the capitol and I'm meant to be shocked that his shirt aligns him with them?

Sorry yes, I'm very shocked the nazi is wearing an obviously pro-nazi shirt.

The Guardian has Priti Patel quoted as saying this:

The UK home secretary, Priti Patel, said Donald Trump’s incendiary remarks directly provoked the violence witnessed in the US Capitol as she urged him to condemn it.

“His comments directly led to the violence and so far he has failed to condemn that violence – and that is completely wrong,” she said.

She said the departing president’s statement, in which he said “we love you” to the rioters, and repeated his unproven claims of electoral fraud did “very little to de-escalate the situation”.

“He basically has made a number of comments yesterday that helped to fuel that violence and he didn’t do anything to de-escalate that whatsoever,” she told BBC Breakfast.

Which is perhaps a little closer to the kind of thing you might want a UK politician to say about the matter, but still doesn't go far enough.

34 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean, a bunch of nazis stormed the capitol and I'm meant to be shocked that his shirt aligns him with them?

Sorry yes, I'm very shocked the nazi is wearing an obviously pro-nazi shirt.

But are you aware about the context of the logo on the shirt?

16 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

But are you aware about the context of the logo on the shirt?

It’s a wholesome design for his local canoe club- sculling is a paddling technique, using a paddle, hence the skull and cross-paddles. 

The 3rd Herrliches Reich Kanutruppen group are simply an outdoors loving bunch of canoe-enthusiasts, who hate Jews and black folks. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

She served multiple tours in the US Air Force and died storming her own government's buildings. This is why "respect the troops" is a bullshit notion. A good portion of them are fucking halfwits.

• Haha 7

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden