President Biden

Happy Face

What an absurd country. All this emotion pouring out, people nearly crying but the life of most Americans won’t change at all. 

The door is ajar for “Smart” Trump, if such a person exists.

Just now, Meenzer said:

Nah, I'm a cynic too but I think the catharsis is absolutely necessary after the last four years. Plenty of problems to be addressed, but it's fine for them to have this day.

NOT IT’S NOT! 

• Haha 2

Whilst the left are telling people what they should think there'll be people on the right taking advantage and tapping into their prejudices. Would you rather be a gay teenager being accommodated by a radgey homophobe or somewhere with genuinely liberal values?

37 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Put Biden's speech on for the craic, complete polar opposite to a Trump ego party! Spoke well for his age 😄

I like his steady grandad tone. No one will ever be the orator that Obama is but Biden would appear to be pitching his public utterances just right...won’t make a blind bit of difference to the MAGAs but if he doesn’t start a war, reforms health care and creates a few jobs he’ll be ok..having majority in the house will help :good:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I like his steady grandad tone. No one will ever be the orator that Obama is but Biden would appear to be pitching his public utterances just right...won’t make a blind bit of difference to the MAGAs but if he doesn’t start a war, reforms health care and creates a few jobs he’ll be ok..having majority in the house will help :good:

His use of "Unity" was pretty extensive, definitely the buzz word of his campaign and message. Massive job trying to repair the US, it is in pieces. For anyone it is a huge task but someone his age even bigger, can't help but feel Kamala Harris will be in the driving seat for the majority of the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

What an absurd country. All this emotion pouring out, people nearly crying but the life of most Americans won’t change at all. 

The door is ajar for “Smart” Trump, if such a person exists.

Have you learned nothing from Corbyn?

I don't know if America can be healed. It depends whether Trump is the symptom or the cause. If it's the latter, maybe there is a chance. But I think it's the former. Scratch the usually genteel face of American people, underneath there seems to be an undercurrent of pure hatred and racism. I sometimes think it was Obama who initiated over the current problems, a very large minority just couldn't accept a black man as POTUS. 

The US is undoubtedly a great country, it has the resources to stay so. I genuinely hope it can because if the US is fucked we all are. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't know if America can be healed. It depends whether Trump is the symptom or the cause. If it's the latter, maybe there is a chance. But I think it's the former. Scratch the usually genteel face of American people, underneath there seems to be an undercurrent of pure hatred and racism. I sometimes think it was Obama who initiated over the current problems, a very large minority just couldn't accept a black man as POTUS. 

The US is undoubtedly a great country, it has the resources to stay so. I genuinely hope it can because if the US is fucked we all are. 

What started all this for me was the "birther" movement. It had actually died a death when Trump revived it on 2011 by saying his birth certificate was fake. Even with nonsense like this Trump lost the popular vote twice. That tells me its a exceedingly vocal minority, but that's still probably 1-2 million....

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

Would you mind expanding on that? 

H  a   v   e      y   o   u      l   e   a   r   n   e   d      n   o   t   h   i   n   g      f   r   o   m      C   o   r   b   y   n   ?

• Haha 7

53 minutes ago, ewerk said:

H  a   v   e      y   o   u      l   e   a   r   n   e   d      n   o   t   h   i   n   g      f   r   o   m      C   o   r   b   y   n   ?

jeremy corbyn GIF

F U C K 

O F F 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I can't recall the numbers now but it's worth noting that a reasonable percentage of working class white people who voted for Trump, also voted for Obama. Clinton lost their votes. So it either has a woman problem, or it has a rage at the status quo and general shitness of life problem.

I mean it has a race problem too, clearly :lol:

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden
48 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I can't recall the numbers now but it's worth noting that a reasonable percentage of working class white people who voted for Trump, also voted for Obama. Clinton lost their votes. So it either has a woman problem, or it has a rage at the status quo and general shitness of life problem.

I mean it has a race problem too, clearly :lol:

Also African Americans didn’t vote for Clinton. A lot of that had to do with the 3 strikes and out rule 

Greed at the very top has always been the problem in the US and always will, same for everywhere in the world really. The money men pull the strings, even the people with big ideas for the growth of humanity are held back by the paymasters. Sad but true. At least Biden seems like his heart is in the right place.

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Also African Americans didn’t vote for Clinton. A lot of that had to do with the 3 strikes and out rule 

The majority of Florida voted Trump, that majority is Hispanic. Work that one out!

Edited by Anorthernsoul