President Biden

Happy Face

28 minutes ago, ewerk said:

TBF I can't see Trump easing sanctions without a properly negotiated deal. Yes, the way these negotiations have started is arse about face but he can't give anything away in a two hour meeting surely?

How sure of that are you?

Maybe not in a concrete fashion but his bluster will give Kim and those observing him plenty to get stuck into.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Why would Kim trust him on any deal? He signed one at G7 and reneged literally just hours later because of a throwaway comment. And then there is the bizarre sycophancy of his staff, saying there is a special place in hell for Trudeau. Maybe it's just me but there needs to be a lot of trust initially to pull this off. Would you trust Trump?

Of course not but I think that Kim may be desperate at this point. Which is why I'm surprised that he hasn't gone to the Russians rather than Trump.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

How sure of that are you?

Maybe not in a concrete fashion but his bluster will give Kim and those observing him plenty to get stuck into.

I'm as sure as I can be in that it's impossible to imagine any American President doing it. But y'know, Trump...

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Of course not but I think that Kim may be desperate at this point. Which is why I'm surprised that he hasn't gone to the Russians rather than Trump.

Aye, cut out the middle man. ;)

• Haha 3

Mays sided with Trudeau in her statement on the G7, so there goes any hope of a "cracking deal" with the US once we're out, assuming this cunt is still alive/president

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A massive victory for Trump. The greatest negotiator of our times. MAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!1!!!1

You forgot to switch accounts man

• Haha 2

Can you imagine if this works, and instead of being the greatest laughing stock of a US President in history, we actually have to remember Trump for something impressive :lol:

I guess as long as it saves lives it doesn't matter who farcical the whole thing is.

Edited by Rayvin

They’ve met and that’s about it. Kim has gotten recognition as an international statesman and there’s been a wishy washy statement with absolutely nothing of substance.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They’ve met and that’s about it. Kim has gotten recognition as an international statesman and there’s been a wishy washy statement with absolutely nothing of substance.

They were locked in talks for almost 40 minutes, man. It's all sorted now.

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Can you imagine if this works, and instead of being the greatest laughing stock of a US President in history, we actually have to remember Trump for something impressive :lol:

I guess as long as it saves lives it doesn't matter who farcical the whole thing is.

If what works? They haven't done anything

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If what works? They haven't done anything

If he gets peace. I'm not saying it's likely, I'm just noting that if Kim actually wants to return to the international fold in any genuine sense, he may just be using Trump as a face saving way of doing it - which means this could be a serious attempt at peace from the Korean side, irrespective of what the Americans think is happening.

32 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

They were locked in talks for almost 40 minutes, man. It's all sorted now.

Yeah but 30 of those minutes were taken up with Trump showing Kim the electoral results map and the other ten was showing him the picture of the crowd at his inauguration.

Look at it this way - there was a reason this happened, on both sides. Trump's reason is easy - he's an idiot, wanted to distract everyone from the Russian collusion stuff, and generally takes any opportunity to make himself look good.

Kim's is... presumably to gain international recognition? OK, so he's got that now. But to what end? What does he intend to do with it if not engage with the world?

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Look at it this way - there was a reason this happened, on both sides. Trump's reason is easy - he's an idiot, wanted to distract everyone from the Russian collusion stuff, and generally takes any opportunity to make himself look good.

Kim's is... presumably to gain international recognition? OK, so he's got that now. But to what end? What does he intend to do with it if not engage with the world?

Sanctions are bound to be biting by now. It could be an attempt to show the Chinese he’s serious and hope they ease the sanctions.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Sanctions are bound to be biting by now. It could be an attempt to show the Chinese he’s serious and hope they ease the sanctions.

True, but you would think he only gets to play that card once. If he pulls away from this deal, no US President in future is going to give him anywhere near close to such an opportunity. It would be a very short termist outlook.

Still though, the Chinese seemed pretty impressed with this so it's certainly a possibility.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden