President Biden

Happy Face

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Morgan likely thinks Trump is going to lose the election and that’s probably all this breaking up of a fake celebrity friendship amounts to. 

He's also been pretty active in holding our own government to some kind of account. I mean I think you're right basically, but I'm hoping he's maybe seeing that populism is about to go the journey (not just Trump).

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Neither, still hungover from two consecutive zoom quiz nights 🙄

:lol:
Did you win? 

Do you want some utterly pointless trivia for the next one? ( assuming you all set each other questions?) 

I have a ridiculous amount of quiz worthy, but otherwise fucking useless, facts. 😂

( yes, I’m a sad case). 

Fucking mountaineering question! I might have known. It's like that quiz in "The Office" where all Gareth's questions were on the military. 

Here's one for you MF that combines your interests. There is a scottish mountain  on the south side of Glen Nevis, part of the ring of Steall, called Sgurr a Mhaim. What is the english translation of this? ;)

• Haha 2

Peak of the Breast.

Obviously Hillary was a kiwi. After that, no fucking idea. I think submitting Everest was still unusual right to the 90s so if I had to guess it would be Bonnington, although I don't think that's right. I did meet Bonnington on High street 4 years ago, top lad. 

• Like 1

Close- it was a Bonington-led expedition in 1975 on the SW Face. 
Doug Scott ( English) 
Dougal Haston ( Sweaty) 

Doug Scott is one of the most nails mountaineers there’s ever been, I reckon. 

Look up his descent of The Ogre, with Bonington, for one of the most “ fuck right off, you should be dead” stories. :good: 

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Peak of the Breast.

Obviously Hillary was a kiwi. After that, no fucking idea. I think submitting Everest was still unusual right to the 90s so if I had to guess it would be Bonnington, although I don't think that's right. I did meet Bonnington on High street 4 years ago, top lad. 

I’m having Titty Hill btw :lol: Close enough. 

Whenever I drive up to Edinburgh/Aberdeen, I pass a place called Cockenzie which always gets a little chuckle :lol:

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Close- it was a Bonington-led expedition in 1975 on the SW Face. 
Doug Scott ( English) 
Dougal Haston ( Sweaty) 

Doug Scott is one of the most nails mountaineers there’s ever been, I reckon. 

Look up his descent of The Ogre, with Bonington, for one of the most “ fuck right off, you should be dead” stories. :good: 

Aye, I read an account of it a book called Mountain Disasters or something. I was fascinated by this stuff as a kid and Bonnington was the face of mountaineering in the 70s and 80s. Then I read touching the void as an adult and was hooked on these books for a bit. There's one Joe Simpson book that's prefaced by Bonnington, the preface is hilarious and I'm amazed it was published. Basically Bonnington says "I met Joe in a pub and he was a complete an utter wanker. Still, this is a cool story so read on.......". :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
Did you win? 

Do you want some utterly pointless trivia for the next one? ( assuming you all set each other questions?) 

I have a ridiculous amount of quiz worthy, but otherwise fucking useless, facts. 😂

( yes, I’m a sad case). 

Actually we were hosting, the prize/curse for winning the two separate weekly lockdown quizzes we do we do with different set of friends every bastard week. 

The positive was we we were able to use the same quiz for both. We had quite a laugh devising it actually. A good true or false round using Trump quotes. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, I read an account of it a book called Mountain Disasters or something. I was fascinated by this stuff as a kid and Bonnington was the face of mountaineering in the 70s and 80s. Then I read touching the void as an adult and was hooked on these books for a bit. There's one Joe Simpson book that's prefaced by Bonnington, the preface is hilarious and I'm amazed it was published. Basically Bonnington says "I met Joe in a pub and he was a complete an utter wanker. Still, this is a cool story so read on.......". :lol:

:lol: He’s not wrong. 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Here you go, fuckers :lol:

Who was the first Englishman to summit Mt. Everest? 

Might’ve been Mallory. Although if you don’t make it down alive I guess you don’t make it. But I would’ve said Bonnington too. Funny how a Kiwi and a Nepali getting to the top represented a great achievement for Britain. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Actually we were hosting, the prize/curse for winning the two separate weekly lockdown quizzes we do we do with different set of friends every bastard week. 

The positive was we we were able to use the same quiz for both. We had quite a laugh devising it actually. A good true or false round using Trump quotes. 

I’d guess the hardest bit would be making up untrue Trumpisms, considering the shite he’s actually said? 

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden