President Biden

Happy Face

35 minutes ago, Renton said:

Peak of the Breast.

Obviously Hillary was a kiwi. After that, no fucking idea. I think submitting Everest was still unusual right to the 90s so if I had to guess it would be Bonnington, although I don't think that's right. I did meet Bonnington on High street 4 years ago, top lad. 

I saw him in the Lakes last spring. 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Might’ve been Mallory. Although if you don’t make it down alive I guess you don’t make it. But I would’ve said Bonnington too. Funny how a Kiwi and a Nepali getting to the top represented a great achievement for Britain. 

Aye, most folk just think it was them, Mallory is one of those “ did he or didn’t he?”

For me, making it back safely is a necessary factor to claim the summit, so whether he got there or not, he’s not having Doug’s title. 
Others disagree, but it’s not been proved they (Mallory and Irving) actually got there. 

Incidentally there’s a good documentary about K2 that mixes footage of a modern day expedition footage (including the absolute legend that is Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner) with some amazing photos from the Duke of Abruzzi’s expedition before WW1. It’s free on Amazon I think. Siren of the Himalayas or something like that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, most folk just think it was them, Mallory is one of those “ did he or didn’t he?”

For me, making it back safely is a necessary factor to claim the summit, so whether he got there or not, he’s not having Doug’s title. 
Others disagree, but it’s not been proved they (Mallory and Irving) actually got there. 

The gear they used though. Tweed jackets and plus-fours :lol: 

• Haha 1

K2 is a way more serious mountain than Everest.  
Edit; I remember in 1986, when I was bang in to my climbing, Al Rouse, Julie Tullis and a load of others got wiped out on K2 when a storm hit and fucked them. 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d guess the hardest bit would be making up untrue Trumpisms, considering the shite he’s actually said? 

It’s remarkably easy to write stuff that sounds like something he said.

1 “The beauty of me is that I’m very rich”

2  “It’s freezing and snowing in New York - we need global warming”

3 “I’m so smart. It’s actually unbelievable. Many people can’t believe it. I’m probably the smartest president ever.” 

4  "My fingers are long and beautiful, as it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body." 

5 "You have to be hit by a truck, literally, a truck. And it truly is a tremendous thing. It’s beautiful.

6 “I know a tremendous, tremendous amount about  science. Not a lot of people know that. I’m actually something of expert in science.”

7 “I went to an Ivy League school, I'm very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words.”

8 “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion.”

9 "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic”

10  “Pandemics are a hoax. They’re a terrible, terrible hoax - invented by the fake news media”

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Renton said:

K2 is a deadly mountain. Iirc a 1 in 3 death rate or something insane. Its not the most dangerous 8000er though. Quiz question to MF, what is?

Depends- if you’re looking for most deaths in total- it’s Everest hands down. 
If you mean highest deaths per climber, it’ll be Annapurna I reckon. It’s a fucking monster. 
If not, Kanchenjunga? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If you mean highest deaths per climber, it’ll be Annapurna I reckon. It’s a fucking monster. 
If not, Kanchenjunga? 

Well done, its Annapurna. Not technically that difficult, but people are wiped out by avalanches. Anotli Boukreev, an amazing climber who didn't need oxygen in the death zone, was killed in an avalanche there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If not, Kanchenjunga? 

K2 doesn’t have the highest summit to death ratio iirc but it has the shortest season in terms of the window of opportunity for climbing it due to its position and isolation. The figures are also skewed somewhat by only the most capable climbers attempting it. So it’s not only their skill but their experience in terms of not attempting the final push for the summit. Whether that be because of conditions or the realisation they won’t make it. Also the final section on the main route, above the ‘Bottleneck’ is prone to having deep snow, making that final push all but impossible. I think it’s quite common for no one to summit in any given season 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

K2 doesn’t have the highest summit to death ratio iirc but it has the shortest season in terms of the window of opportunity for climbing it due to its position and isolation. The figures are also skewed somewhat by only the most capable climbers attempting it. So it’s not only their skill but their experience in terms of not attempting the final push for the summit. Whether that be because of conditions or the realisation they won’t make it. Also the final section on the main route, above the ‘Bottleneck’ is prone to having deep snow, making that final push all but impossible. I think it’s quite common for no one to summit in any given season 

If I tried any of them, I’d wouldn’t be coming home. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If I tried any of them, I’d wouldn’t be coming home. :lol:

I think a trek to Everest Base Camp would be as ambitious as I would get in that regard. 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I just can't get my head how armed civilians can wonder around shouting and balling and it's perfectly fine yet fucking Leroy walks down the wrong street and he's in danger of being killed by the police. Fucking weird country.

• Like 3

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden