35 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I almost added "TLDR; I'm not a racist but..." :lol: 

And I'm not saying this is fact, but it is my understanding, at the moment. So I'm potentially ignorant, sure, but I'm very open to being informed alternatively.

Typical Chinese outlook to African Americans and Muslims! :razz:

45 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

In the US there is no doubt that those stats are skewed by the fact the systematic racism in a large number of their states means their policing overlooks crimes by the caucasian population and at the same time victimises their African American communities.

Australia's treatment of our first nation people is equally despicable. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iirc the cases he’s bringing against these states won’t go to the Federal Supreme Court but those states Supreme Court. The most that would happen from that is perhaps a recount, as it’s complete fuck

Worth noting that the likes of George Floyd won't show up on that graph, he wasn't shot to death by police, he was suffocated by them and he isn't the only one. There's a reason "I can't breathe" has

They are simultaneously too ineffective to stop Trump when he succeeds and too powerful to overcome whenever he fails to deliver. Just like "antifa", which are both a terrifying scourge that law enfor

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think a really interesting study could be carried out to look at rates of police shootings against people from similar economic backgrounds, 

You’d want to be in the placebo group for that one. 

Also, found you a new avatar :lol:

Spoiler

Mussolini-e1405042269468.jpg

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Typical Chinese outlook to African Americans and Muslims! :razz:

In the US there is no doubt that those stats are skewed by the fact the systematic racism in a large number of their states means their policing overlooks crimes by the caucasian population and at the same time victimises their African American communities.

Australia's treatment of our first nation people is equally despicable. 

I'm not actually Chinese, I just speak it ;)

But thanks for this, it's valid indeed. I read in the UK in the Lammy Report that black men were 3 times more likely to be stopped and searched than their population would justify. There's all kinds of problems with relying simply on the data as well, as you've noted.

Worth noting that the likes of George Floyd won't show up on that graph, he wasn't shot to death by police, he was suffocated by them and he isn't the only one. There's a reason "I can't breathe" has been chanted and on signs across the US.

Neither will Ahmaud Arbrey, who was chased down in a pickup truck and shot for jogging while being black, which would have been completely written off if one of them hadn't been stupid enough to record and release a video of the whole thing.

Breonna Taylor possibly will but then, how many white EMTs are going to go to bed tonight concerned that unmarked and unsanctioned police are going to illegally break into their houses and murder them? Those officers haven't even been fucking arrested. 

In the UK the government has suppressed a report into BAME deaths of coronavirus for "fears it could stoke racial tension" what does that tell you about its contents? Its only 2 years since Windrush ffs.

These stories(among many) and the fact that both governments have utterly fucked the response to coronavirus were begging for civil disobedience at some point and it is absolutely necessary.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Worth noting that the likes of George Floyd won't show up on that graph, he wasn't shot to death by police, he was suffocated by them and he isn't the only one. There's a reason "I can't breathe" has been chanted and on signs across the US.

Neither will Ahmaud Arbrey, who was chased down in a pickup truck and shot for jogging while being black, which would have been completely written off if one of them hadn't been stupid enough to record and release a video of the whole thing.

Breonna Taylor possibly will but then, how many white EMTs are going to go to bed tonight concerned that unmarked and unsanctioned police are going to illegally break into their houses and murder them? Those officers haven't even been fucking arrested. 

In the UK the government has suppressed a report into BAME deaths of coronavirus for "fears it could stoke racial tension" what does that tell you about its contents? Its only 2 years since Windrush ffs.

These stories(among many) and the fact that both governments have utterly fucked the response to coronavirus were begging for civil disobedience at some point and it is absolutely necessary.

Take a fucking bow, son. Take a fucking bow 

• Like 1

And the officers remaining on that special unit resigned from the unit in support of those officers.  Clearly they felt that it was acceptable behaviour and they should not have been stood down, never mind prosecuted.

John Oliver was pretty brutal on the police in his programme this week.  Raised some very valid points, and quite scary how the police react to any sort of external oversight.

Apparently they were saying similar about Clinton at this point in 2016, but surely this time will be different. I think Michael Moore might be right about Trump trying to move the election if they get a second spike (which they look like they're getting). 

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden