President Biden

Happy Face

Just now, Alex said:

ABC have apparently said it might takes “weeks” for the official result to come in from Georgia :lol: what a fucking country 

It is about military and oversea votes. There were about 5203 military ones in Georgia in 2016. Considering those “losers and suckers” tend to favour Trump, it will need a rather healthy lead for Biden to claim Georgia.

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It is about military and oversea votes. There were about 5203 military ones in Georgia in 2016. Considering those “losers and suckers” tend to favour Trump, it will need a rather healthy lead for Biden to claim Georgia.

Aye, I appreciate that it how the fuck does the process take that long potentially? It’s not like they’ve not had prior warning on the date of the election 

Pennsylvania is going to be comfortable for Biden so Georgia isn't needed. I heard that actually the overseas vote tends to be democrat which cancels out the republican military vote, so its usually 50/50 anyway. Why any soldier would want to vote for the orange cunt is beyond me like. Dodged the draft 5 times with heel spurs and called their fallen comrades losers. And McCain too. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I appreciate that it how the fuck does the process take that long potentially? It’s not like they’ve not had prior warning on the date of the election 

I guess it’s down to tradition. It’s never been a major concern with the electirate college not having to be formed ahead of December. It’s only a concern because of the hyperbole that is nowadays involved. You have party politics that are getting extremely partisan, votes are quite narrow, a precedent who is not presidential and stirring covfefe plus an intensive media coverage that is exploiting all of it.

• Like 1

Biden has taken the lead in Georgia. This Stacey Abrams, who lost the Governor race due to voter suppression a couple of years ago, has spent the last two years registering 800k Democrats. She has basically done this singlehandedly. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

Pennsylvania is going to be comfortable for Biden so Georgia isn't needed. I heard that actually the overseas vote tends to be democrat which cancels out the republican military vote, so its usually 50/50 anyway. Why any soldier would want to vote for the orange cunt is beyond me like. Dodged the draft 5 times with heel spurs and called their fallen comrades losers. And McCain too. 

Same over here, Corbyn (for whom I have little but disdain) would almost certainly have more concern for your average squaddie than the poppy nazis in the Tory party 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

Bloke in CNN making the point now that, given how litigious the Trump lot have made clear they are going to be, winning every outstanding state matters. 

If Biden sneaks to 270 and no further, Trump will be emboldened and will continue his insanity. If he gets to 306, which is very possible, Trump is more likely to get told by the Republican lot that it's over. 

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Biden has taken the lead in Georgia. This Stacey Abrams, who lost the Governor race due to voter suppression a couple of years ago, has spent the last two years registering 800k Democrats. She has basically done this singlehandedly. 

This is a great effort, well done her.

The U.S. Office of Special Counsel has opened an investigation into whether President Donald Trump’s campaign’s use of the White House violated federal law. Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-NJ) called on the watchdog to conduct a probe on Election Day, to which the agency responded that it “was not consulted on the decision to use space inside the Eisenhower Executive Office Building as a campaign ‘war room.” The office’s statement also read, “Our Hatch Act Unit has opened an investigation into these allegations to determine if the Hatch Act was violated.” The Hatch Act prohibits the use of federal property for campaign events. The Republican Party hosted its election convention at the White House as well, presenting not only speeches but also a naturalization ceremony presided over by acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf.

Trump being investigated for holding campaign events at the Whitehouse. 

The intelligence community revenge begins. :lol:

• Haha 1

they also just made the point on cnn that if biden does secure a safe republican state like georgia, the decision to go for a centrist candidate was validated and there is no way biden or warren would have won there. 

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Where would Sanders or Warren have won that Biden hasn't?

Nowhere. It's easy to forget that Trump actually increased his base, a left winger wouldn't have taken a single vote from this cohort. 

• Like 3

I love the way there's this idea that Trump hijacked a decent party and corrupted it. 

Nixon, Reagan and Bush Sr were all horrible cunts and Bush Jr was a useful idiot puppet who was more than happy to just about steal an election. 

It's like arguing Johnson has turned the tories into cunts. 

• Like 5

There's absolutely no chance a left winger could have won this election. We barely scraped over the line with the blandest centrist I've ever seen.

However, a left winger would have won the last one. I'm incredibly pleased that Biden is winning this, I'm pleased for what it means for climate change, Brexit, and international/political norms in general. But I don't think that this particular fight is over, and the centre is going to have to very quickly come up with something more coherent and viable than "not trump" if we're going to see off this threat next time out. 4 years doesn't feel that far off.

Good luck to them though, I hope they manage it.

As icing on the cake to all this, apparently it's quite likely that when Trump leaves office, and therefore ceases to be a person of importance, Twitter is going to ban his ass :lol:

Edited by Rayvin

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden