President Biden

Happy Face

Well, I hope that he’s just trying to protect his own neck and stay the right side of the Trumpian base. It is unprecedented and even if they do eventually step aside, if isn’t exactly setting a great example for other strongmen leaders around the world looking  on. Bolsonaro will be watching with interest. He probably has a greater chance of pulling something like that off.

I'm concerned he's not being faced down by the rest of his party. He's borderline insane and he has nothing to lose. I don't know enough about the US system to know what actual mechanisms there are to get him out of office, so there's that. But it just strikes me people dismiss a coup as a possibility because its the US and that's untinkable. But the unthinkable keeps happening again and again and again. Scares the shit out of me this lunatic has his finger on the button. 

I’m still optimistic that it’s just a side show - conventional Trump scene-setting to distract attention. He should hand over power, even if refusing to do it with honour, integrity etc because he can run again in four years time on a “I told you so” ticket, Biden et al only won by cheating. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

Replacing heads of defence, FBI, CIA during what's supposed to be a 2 month handover period? Maybe to allow a coup to  change the USA into an autocratic theocracy? He's positioning everything to allow this to happen. You've seen the hand maidens tale I assume. So has Trump. I just hope -and do still believe - the military will protect the constitution over Trump. But otherwise.... 

200.gif

I’m standing by the fact he simply loses all his authority come January 20th, unless he starts miraculously winning these court cases they won’t be ignoring the election results. They’re just all pretending it’s not the case as the orange dick head simply can’t accept he has lost, this is coming from the people who base large parts of their fraud argument on “well he won there last time, so since they voted a different way this time it has to be fraud”. I’ve no doubt this will continue for months but unless they can actually pull together some actual evidence they will barely see the inside of a court, let alone win cases, and even if they do win it would lead to recounts etc, it would take a hell of a lot to throw out the entire election  like some are intimating. As Biden said today it’s just embarrassing. It also further astounds me people that claim to be nationalists stand by this shit, it’s making America look weak, and although Biden will be quick on the take when he’s in due to his 8years as VP it’s an unnecessary factor to add to the transfer of power simply because a 70 odd year old baby can’t accept he got beaten. 

For some more what the fuck is wrong with this guy here’s an old (but absurd) article, which also makes me think the prick is more fraudulent than I even thought he was:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

• Like 2

Probably.  Wouldn't necessarily stop him even if he can't, although I would hope that the Supreme Court would eventually slap him down (even though he is relying on the fact that as he "appointed" them, they will do his bidding, as with Putin, Xi, etc).

The system is already switching to the President-elect, and there is nothinghe can do about it. Once the states licence their electoral college delegates that’s it, although there is another four weeks of his posturing to endure. Providing each of the states has kept to its own constitutional rules on elections, the Supreme Court will not intervene. Without that, Trump is toast.

• Like 1

Throughout his presidency though, and particularly now, he’s shown just how weak a lot of the constitutional systems that are in place are. And how a lot of it simply relies on good grace and convention. I don’t think Trump will succeed but it’s giving the absolute fucking loons in the right a little window into just how far they can push things. And they seem to be so lacking in anything other than greed for money and power that I envisage the whole fake news agenda to get worse not better over the coming 4 years. The same is happening here tbh, only in a more subtle, underhand manner. 

We're on the verge of "deep fake" technology too, bogus digital videos and audio that are almost impossible to distinguish from real footage. Deep fake plus Facebook is a marriage made in hell for democracy. 

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

Throughout his presidency though, and particularly now, he’s shown just how weak a lot of the constitutional systems that are in place are. And how a lot of it simply relies on good grace and convention. I don’t think Trump will succeed but it’s giving the absolute fucking loons in the right a little window into just how far they can push things. And they seem to be so lacking in anything other than greed for money and power that I envisage the whole fake news agenda to get worse not better over the coming 4 years. The same is happening here tbh, only in a more subtle, underhand manner. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

We're on the verge of "deep fake" technology too, bogus digital videos and audio that are almost impossible to distinguish from real footage. Deep fake plus Facebook is a marriage made in hell for democracy. 

Aye, I have a nagging terror about all of this to be honest. Toontastic crowdfunder for a patch of land on a remote Scottish island where we can all hide out when the shit hits the fan, swapping tips on curry spice pots and taking the piss out of The Fish?

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, I have a nagging terror about all of this to be honest. Toontastic crowdfunder for a patch of land on a remote Scottish island where we can all hide out when the shit hits the fan, swapping tips on curry spice pots and taking the piss out of The Fish?

How, with people like UM and CT on this board, am I the fucking target?

• Haha 4

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden