President Biden

Happy Face

She lost then accused her fellow Dems of rigging the vote. Trump publicly  supported her, adding fuel to the rumour she was also a Russian asset who would run as a third candidate in 2020 thus splitting the Democrat vote and allowing Trump to win....so apart from that she'd have definitely won, yeah.. :cuppa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biden is better than I thought he would be but this Russia stuff is a real test, possibly defining for his presidency. It's positive that the US is back on the world stage properly (words I never thought I'd write) but he has to make it convincing.

I dunno where they go from there, certainly he won't be a two term president; Harris could win if they make it about her policies rather than her identity groups; can't see Trump winning the Republican ticket next time out, surely they'll close ranks on that.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Biden is better than I thought he would be but this Russia stuff is a real test, possibly defining for his presidency. It's positive that the US is back on the world stage properly (words I never thought I'd write) but he has to make it convincing.

I dunno where they go from there, certainly he won't be a two term president; Harris could win if they make it about her policies rather than her identity groups; can't see Trump winning the Republican ticket next time out, surely they'll close ranks on that.

Trump will win the Republican primary ridiculously easily if he decides to contest it.

The Democrats will get absolutely crushed no matter who runs

To think Harris has any chance of making it about policies is to completely misunderstand how American media and polotics works.

Having said that Biden will be running unless he is in a coffin

I think it’s a bit early to say with any confidence what’s going to happen in 2024. We should hopefully be a post covid world. The economy should be flying and the feel good factor back so I certainly wouldn’t rule the Democrats out.

The Dems been in power a year and done nothing. The midterms are coming up this year so they will likely lose their majorities in the House and the Senate. So Biden will be even more of a lame duck than he is now.

They've done nothing to stop the rampant voter suppression round the country.

They've concentrated on the Presidency for years so at a state level apart from the coast the Republicans control everything from the schoolboards to the judiciary.

There is a far right Republican Supreme Court with a guaranteed majority for at least a generation

The Democrats are fucked

6 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The Dems been in power a year and done nothing. The midterms are coming up this year so they will likely lose their majorities in the House and the Senate. So Biden will be even more of a lame duck than he is now.

They've concentrated on the Presidency for years so at a state level apart from the coast the Republicans control everything from the schoolboards to the judiciary.

There is a far right Republican Supreme Court with a guaranteed majority for at least a generation

The Democrats are fucked

There has been a pandemic tbf. Plus his $1.2trn infrastructure bill isn’t nothing.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Biden is better than I thought he would be

You must have have a REALLY low expectation of him then because he's been utter dogshit

54 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Trump will win the Republican primary ridiculously easily if he decides to contest it.

The Democrats will get absolutely crushed no matter who runs

To think Harris has any chance of making it about policies is to completely misunderstand how American media and polotics works.

Having said that Biden will be running unless he is in a coffin

That was the crux of what I was say about there being a President Harris before 2025. I think it's the only chance she has of EVER getting the top job.

2 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The Democrats are fucked

the republicans believe the exact opposite.

they think that computer votes are being rigged, dead people are voting and mail in voting is being abused.

they also feel that “voter ID suppression” is the cover story to the fix

we may feel that we “know” what’s really going on but in reality we’re getting all of our info from biased/corruptible sources

I know that there are a shitload of people who wanted to see the back of Trump but I also find it hard to believe that Biden got more votes than Obama

17 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

So…. I just read that Amanda Staveley used to date Prince Andrew 😐

I'm sure that was the first thing about her that got released when she appeared at that Liverpool game. That and the fact she brokered the Man City takeover.

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'm sure that was the first thing about her that got released when she appeared at that Liverpool game. That and the fact she brokered the Man City takeover.

I hadn’t heard… I’ve not paid much attention to football since Ashley took over

5 hours ago, Craig said:

You must have have a REALLY low expectation of him then because he's been utter dogshit

He got the global corp. tax thing through, I approved of that at least. I thought he'd do literally nothing, but he did come out and make some decent attempts at getting things going. Seems to have lost some steam now though.

3 hours ago, Asprilla said:

the republicans believe the exact opposite.

they think that computer votes are being rigged, dead people are voting and mail in voting is being abused.

they also feel that “voter ID suppression” is the cover story to the fix

we may feel that we “know” what’s really going on but in reality we’re getting all of our info from biased/corruptible sources

I know that there are a shitload of people who wanted to see the back of Trump but I also find it hard to believe that Biden got more votes than Obama

I think it's largely down to what you reference in your final line - people wanted to see the back of Trump. I honestly think a decent number of the people who voted Biden would have voted for literally anyone other than Trump.

Trump of course got a lot of votes too. I didn't look at the demographics this time, I probably should - but the problem certainly doesn't seem like to go away. I still don't think the Republicans will let Trump run again though.

11 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I think it's largely down to what you reference in your final line - people wanted to see the back of Trump. I honestly think a decent number of the people who voted Biden would have voted for literally anyone other than Trump.

Trump of course got a lot of votes too. I didn't look at the demographics this time, I probably should - but the problem certainly doesn't seem like to go away. I still don't think the Republicans will let Trump run again though.

I think there’ll be a lot of resistance I agree.

I don’t have any particular love for Trump other than the fact that he created total hysteria among people who allowed themselves to be completely manipulated by the media.

He was regularly misquoted and misrepresented although he is clearly a complete loose canon too.

Edited by Asprilla

ok, i'll bite. 

in what way was trump misquoted or misrepresented? he was a dangerous cretin. that was plain to see. and it had zero to do with so-called media manipulation and everything to do with his verbal diarrhoea 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

ok, i'll bite. 

in what way was trump misquoted or misrepresented? he was a dangerous cretin. that was plain to see. and it had zero to do with so-called media manipulation and everything to do with his verbal diarrhoea 

he got elected and then the media tried to make out he was trying to turn the country into Nazi germany.

he was supposedly anti immigrant when he was only anti illegal immigrant (that term having now been replaced with the Orwellian “undocumented immigrant”)

he was supposed to have called the KKK types “very fine people” when in reality he only said there were very fine people along with the KKK types

he was supposed to have said that Mexicans were rapists when really he was referring to the high percentage of Mexican criminals who regularly crossed the border unhindered

his whole immigration policy was basically the same as Obama’s but the media managed to get everyone in the world triggered