President Biden

Happy Face

The amount of fucking self dealing this bloke will do while in office is unreal. Wasn't Ivanka sitting in on some meeting with a Japanese ambassador recently? The kid that's in charge of his "blind trust".

The amount of fucking self dealing this bloke will do while in office is unreal. Wasn't Ivanka sitting in on some meeting with a Japanese ambassador recently? The kid that's in charge of his "blind trust".

I think he's going to have to be very careful. He's not in office yet so all of this stuff we're seeing presently doesn't matter too much IMO, but as soon as he is, that's that.

I think he's going to have to be very careful. He's not in office yet so all of this stuff we're seeing presently doesn't matter too much IMO, but as soon as he is, that's that.

It all comes back to whether or not people will call him out on it, perhaps even having to take him to court over it. Then of course there is the issue of how much sway he holds over the courts, in particular will they cut him slack on things because he is President? 

It all comes back to whether or not people will call him out on it, perhaps even having to take him to court over it. Then of course there is the issue of how much sway he holds over the courts, in particular will they cut him slack on things because he is President? 

No chance, surely. The press would have a fucking field day. The best chance he'd have is to submit everything to democrat judges in the hope of looking impartial.

I simply can't imagine that he would be able to get away with corruption on the scale that we're talking :lol: Surely not even in the US.

No chance, surely. The press would have a fucking field day. The best chance he'd have is to submit everything to democrat judges in the hope of looking impartial.

I simply can't imagine that he would be able to get away with corruption on the scale that we're talking :lol: Surely not even in the US.

:lol: Genuinely no idea but I'm not worried about out and out corruption of the courts more just a feeling of respect towards the office of president which leads to things going his way. He is appointing all these blokes that should not/would not be in very powerful positions so they'll feel indebted to him, we may see a similar crackers appointment into the supreme court, I think it could get very 'swampy'.

:lol:
"I've built a very great company" this bloke got an Ivy league education ffs, they must have just gave him a pass in most of his classes as the way he speaks is ridiculous. Whatever you think of Obama it's going to be a big drop from him to Trumps babble.

Trump knows better than most about conflict of interest.  His lawyers have looked at it.

George Bush senior signed into law in 1989 that a president can't have a conflict of interest.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-bush-ethics-exemption-231773

:lol: Staggering, tying that sort of exemption to a pay rise for congress. Interesting read, thanks HF. 

Fwiw I think we absolutely will see "brazen contempt" for the spirit of the law, this fucker is going to bend those laws so much it'll be the best bend you've ever saw, he is the greatest at bends.

:lol: :lol:

"Congress didn't initially show much interest in the Bush proposal, but eventually bundled it together with other reforms as a useful vehicle for the politically uncomfortable effort to boost lawmakers' pay."

Well we don't really love it, maybe you should bundle in something that gives us more money? Yeah that would make me like it.

Edited by Howay

:lol: :lol:

"Congress didn't initially show much interest in the Bush proposal, but eventually bundled it together with other reforms as a useful vehicle for the politically uncomfortable effort to boost lawmakers' pay."

Well we don't really love it, maybe you should bundle in something that gives us more money? Yeah that would make me like it.

:lol: That's fucking pathetic but appears to be exactly how it went down.

The problem with Trump is he's too gauche to do these things that have been lawful for 30 years quietly.  

He forces the public and media to look at what they've allowed to happen.

A problem for them and a good thing for us though, right?

The problem with Trump is he's too gauche to do these things that have been lawful for 30 years quietly.  

He forces the public and media to look at what they've allowed to happen.

Agreed, we all know self-dealing etc happens but as you say he's just going to be out in the open and brash about it, people will take him to court and he'll win through exemptions that his legal team have already identified as the article you put up shows.

One of the best videos to come out of the election was perhaps Donald jr completely missing the point of a blind trust and basically leaving it with "no we wont bring up anything to do with the company at the breakfast table, trust me" with that level of oversight who would worry eh? :lol: .

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden