Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United - Friday 2 December - 7.45pm - Sky Sports

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Friday sees Newcastle's first visit to the banks of the Trent since a League Cup tie in 2011, when they face Forest in the Championship.

Kick-off at the City Ground in this Sky-televised fixture is at 7.45pm and all 2,002 away section tickets have been sold.

Where: City Ground NG2 5FJ (30,576)

Nearest railway station: Nottingham (1.2 miles)

Return mileage from SJP: 322 miles

Since losing 1-2 here in May 1987 (and then invading the pitch after full time), none of our subsequent eleven visits have been 3pm Saturday kick-offs.

NUFC: After avoiding a fifth booking, the threat of a one match suspension has now been lifted from Jonjo Shelvey, Paul Dummett and Jack Colback. 

Betting:

Coral are offering 6/1 to new punters on Dwight Gayle being the Championship top goalscorer this season (maximum £10 stake)

NFFC: To follow  

Referee: Stephen Martin - second-ever competitive NUFC appearance for the referee from Staffordshire, following on from the EFL Cup win over Cheltenham Town at Gallowgate in August.

UK TV: Live on Sky Sports

If you didn't get a ticket, The Ware Rooms on Carliol Square in Newcastle will be showing it on their big screen TVs with various food and drink promotions.

Selected bottled beers are £1.50 and all pints (including four local craft beers) are half price.

The Ware Rooms are at 17 Carliol Square NE1 6UQ - 5 minutes walk from both Monument and Manors Metro.

Overseas TV:

beIN Sports CONNECT Canada/USA

beIN Sports 2 Australia

Diema Sport 2 HD

Digi Sport 1 (Cz/Svk)

Eleven Sports HD (Belgium/Poland)

EuroSport Russia

Sportdigital TV (Germany/Switzerland)

SportKlub 4 Serbia

Stod 2 Sport 3

SuperSport 7 (Za)

TEN 1 (India/Sri Lanka)

TV3 Sport 2 (Den)

TV3 Sport HD (Sweden)

UK Radio: Live on BBC Radio 5 Live

Local Radio: Live on BBC Radio Newcastle

The official NUFC website has been re-launched in beta version at https://beta.nufc.co.uk and has free worldwide streaming of match commentaries.

(No commentary will be available via nufc.co.uk)

Stats: 

Forest v United - last 20:

2011/12 won 4-3(aet) (CC) Lovenkrands 2,

Simpson, Coloccini

2009/10 lost 0-1

1998/99 won 2-1 Shearer, Hamann

1996/97 drew 0-0

1995/96 lost 5-6 Ferdinand 2, Guinan,

Barton, KK (FR)

1995/96 drew 1-1 Beardsley

1994/95 drew 0-0

1991/92 lost 1-2 (ZDS) Scott

1990/91 lost 0-3 (FAC)

1988/89 drew 1-1 Brock

1987/88 won 2-0 Gascoigne, Mirandinha

1986/87 lost 1-2 Gascoigne

1985/86 won 2-1 Beardsley 2

1984/85 drew 0-0

1984/85 drew 1-1 (FAC) Megson

1977/78 lost 0-2

1974/75 drew 1-1 (LC) Macdonald

1971/72 lost 0-1

1970/71 lost 1-2 Robson

1969/70 drew 2-2 Dyson, Robson

Predictions Open

NUFC to Score
0 - wykikitoon, sammynb, TheGingerQuiff
1 - The Fish, Kevin Carr's Gloves, toonotl, Anorthernsoul, @yourservice, acrossthepond
2 - Rayvin, aimaad22, StoneColdStephenIreland, ToonMarshy, SpartaFC, Tom, Howay, barnabox, rogerbarton, Holden McGroin, David Kelly, zico martin, LooneyToony, Dougle, MiddleAgeCool, ChezGiven, Ant, Happy Face
3 - ewerk, Andrew, strawb, tooner, Monkeys Fist, Jintsay, scoobos
4+ - ohhh_yeah

NUFC to Concede
0 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, strawb, StoneColdStephenIreland, Howay, tooner, sammynb, toonotl, rogerbarton, David Kelly, Anorthernsoul, zico martin, @yourservice, Dougle, MiddleAgeCool, scoobos, Happy Face
1 - Rayvin, Andrew, The Fish, aimaad22, SpartaFC, Tom, barnabox, Holden McGroin, LooneyToony, Jintsay, Ant
2 - ewerk, wykikitoon, ToonMarshy, Monkeys Fist, acrossthepond, ohhh_yeah, ChezGiven
3 - 
4+ - TheGingerQuiff

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Hopefully we see some sort of reaction after the last two matches, I think the major downside is we'll probably be without Shelvey and Hayden, the plus is we won't have that fucking traffic cone Sels in nets.

Hasn't HF started the last 2 threads?

If we don't embarrass Nottingham Forest his thread starting privileges should be revoked.

The rest of you are too slow.  

Game is only a couple of days away and people moan if they don't get an opportunity to vote in the poll.

I'll take us out of the promotion places if I have to keep it up.

Either musicals are hip nowadays or we missed Meenzer's memo.

Ah, it's a musical? :lol:

Wasn't 100% sure if it was a musical, a boy band or a different version of the Chippendales. While massive lads fan ewerk shakes his booty I'll be in the anchor or Wallsend buffs drinking cheap Guinness watching Rafa's lads get back on track. (Please!)

For those who care;

The match will be shown Online and on the Telly in California via beIN Sports.

Recap; Live Online but 2 hour delay on TV here.

Edited by Noelie

I am dubious and have to question the legitimacy of rotation, especially large scale rotation like the last 2 games........more than half the team both times!!

6 starting line-up changes against Blackburn meant a loss of 3 points.

6 starting line-up changes against Hull City  (7 if you count Gayle)  meant an exit from the League Cup... (plus no Perez or Nitro on the bench with the addition of Tiote).

I'm a little worried about what and how many changes will occur on Friday.

I know I belong to the old school (comes with age) in believing you shouldn't change a winning team............ unless you had an obvious weakness, or injuries.

I was really surprised at the number of changes that followed the Leeds match.

Rafa's from the "I've won an absolute shit load of trophies & I'm quite clearly the best manager of Newcastle for over a decade and certainly the most decorated" school.

So I'm going to listen to him.

I am dubious and have to question the legitimacy of rotation, especially large scale rotation like the last 2 games........more than half the team both times!!

6 starting line-up changes against Blackburn meant a loss of 3 points.

6 starting line-up changes against Hull City  (7 if you count Gayle)  meant an exit from the League Cup... (plus no Perez or Nitro on the bench with the addition of Tiote).

I'm a little worried about what and how many changes will occur on Friday.

I know I belong to the old school (comes with age) in believing you shouldn't change a winning team............ unless you had an obvious weakness, or injuries.

I was really surprised at the number of changes that followed the Leeds match.

Cheaper to avoid a problem than fix it.

Rotation breeds competition for places, and lessens the risk of players being worn down and picking up an injury.

Rafa's from the "I've won an absolute shit load of trophies & I'm quite clearly the best manager of Newcastle for over a decade and certainly the most decorated" school.

So I'm going to listen to him.

^^^