Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United - Friday 2 December - 7.45pm - Sky Sports

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're definitely going to see a lot of rotation, I think it'll more resemble the line up against Blackburn bar the CM pairing as they were both blowing through their arses by the end. The other worry for me is the wings, we have Atsu who will be relatively fresh but Ritchie and Gouffran both played the majority of the 120 and Ritchie in particular looked like he was running through treacle, I'd say we might see Perez and Atsu on the wings but then unless we play Diame I can't see it as there's no way we'll be playing Murphy and Mitro together. 

Could put Lazaar on the left wing.

Should have read the rest of the posts before I posted that.

Edited by adios

Hayden's passing is pretty good but it's nowhere near as cutting as Shelvey's.  I think if we had someone else as cover for Shelvey, it might have made a difference in the last couple of games.  Shelvey is possibly the best player in this league, but if it's not going for him we could do with another option.

Agreed.

Daryl Michael Murphy is an Irish professional footballer who plays as a striker or "winger" for Newcastle United. Might be worth giving him a go.

He's got the turning circle of a tectonic plate and the acceleration of a bookshelf, he is not the solution to the weakness on our flanks.

I'm not saying he's the solution long term but he might be worth a run out.

Or maybe, and this might just be the hot Ribena talking, but maybe we play one of the creative/fast players on our books ( like, Ritchie, Gouffran, Atsu, Lazaar, Yedlin, Perez ) instead of the lumbering target man?

Or maybe, and this might just be the hot Ribena talking, but maybe we play one of the creative/fast players on our books ( like, Ritchie, Gouffran, Atsu, Lazaar, Yedlin, Perez ) instead of the lumbering target man?

I guess we'll find out soon enough. As you pointed out one of their weaknesses is attacking them down the wings so we must try & capitalise on that.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. As you pointed out one of their weaknesses is attacking them down the wings so we must try & capitalise on that.

I agree, which is why we should play wingers on the wing and strikers as strikers.

Sure, but it was more like Ameobi's header back to Shearer for his wonder goal v Everton, rather than Cabaye's slide rule pass for Cisse against... Swansea?

Edit:- It was Stoke

Edited by The Fish

Daryl Michael Murphy is an Irish professional footballer who plays as a striker or "winger" for Newcastle United. 

That's from his "wiki" profile that's why I suggested him

But we have left wingers? Atsu, Gouffran, Lazaar, and even the likes of Diame, Perez and Ritchie could do a job over there. I'd pick any of them ahead of abig target man striker out of position.

But we have left wingers? Atsu, Gouffran, Lazaar, and even the likes of Diame, Perez and Ritchie could do a job over there. I'd pick any of them ahead of abig target man striker out of position.

No bother mate tbh i'd never seen him until he came on the other night. Then seeing winger in his profile I just though he could do a job but I agree any of your suggestions could do the job also.