Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United - Friday 2 December - 7.45pm - Sky Sports

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Those pens are just down to the stupidity of the defender tbh. I agree it's like a freebie but I don't think it's remotely unfair to give it.

Re the pundits, I'm sure they just don't want to be called out on when they dived. And all of the pundits who played from the mid 80's onward will probably be on camera at sometime diving. It's been going on for years and it's been something the authorities don't seem to want to stamp out. There's no way they'd allow this sort of thing in rugby or cricket and I've no idea why they put up with it in football. It's basically cheating that they know happens in every game so they just allow it. I can't think of another sport where it would be tolerated.

They've been saying "nobody would try to get a fellow professional sent off" for years as well.

I think I saw an interview with Steven Gerrard once where he said it and my TV exploded with irony.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been saying "nobody would try to get a fellow professional sent off" for years as well.

I think I saw an interview with Steven Gerrard once where he said it and my TV exploded with irony.

Aye that's complete bollocks.  As if they have some sort of code they won't go against.  They're the most unprincipled twats on earth.

I just think it's a bit soft to give a goal scoring opportunity like a pen for a foul on a bloke who is basically out of the box and heading that way, I get I'm probably in the minority on this but I saw one at the weekend and remember thinking it was a heap of shite. 

Aye I would say there's a lot where defenders get jittery and throw a tackle in where they'd be fine just shielding the goal from the attacker, most defenders tend to get very panicky as soon as an attacker enters the area, ours definitely do and you can really see it the way they move and tackle.

Aye I get what you're saying and it is frustrating and the punishment doesn't really fit the crime.  But I think it's the same as raising your hands.  The players know the punishment if they get caught so I just save my frustrations for them.

I do think there should be a panel that sits once a month or so and goes over incidents where a player has dived, or simulated or whatever synonym for cheated they're using.

Bugbear of mine is clutching the face when the contact wasn't there, or didn't even happen at all.

I do think there should be a panel that sits once a month or so and goes over incidents where a player has dived, or simulated or whatever synonym for cheated they're using.

Bugbear of mine is clutching the face when the contact wasn't there, or didn't even happen at all.

They would have to meet every week really, once a month they wouldnt' have time.  Its all about going down with minimal contact nowadays.

I think it has to be acknowledged that this has been considered, and that 'they' have decided that it adds entertainment value to the game. They've had long enough to fix it and haven't, so they must endorse it.

I think it has to be acknowledged that this has been considered, and that 'they' have decided that it adds entertainment value to the game. They've had long enough to fix it and haven't, so they must endorse it.

FUCKING MSM!!!

It's ingrained in the game including the authorities. They'd prefer to pretend it doesn't exist rather than acknowledging that it is a problem. It's rightfully comical to just about everyone, most of all those who don't generally follow the sport and there's so much goodwill to be gained from starting to improve it. I'm dying for the day that someone has the balls to get it happening.

Edited by OTF