Footballer to have eye removed

Lazarus

You would have thought it'd be hard to be good* at football with sight in only one eye...... surely all your distance perception and stuff would go??

*I've never heard of the guy before, so you could perhaps all start slating him here and saying that he's not "good" at football.... but I'm trusting that as he's a professional footballer, he can't be that bad, so....

You would have thought it'd be hard to be good* at football with sight in only one eye...... surely all your distance perception and stuff would go??

*I've never heard of the guy before, so you could perhaps all start slating him here and saying that he's not "good" at football.... but I'm trusting that as he's a professional footballer, he can't be that bad, so....

83574[/snapback]

The human brain is an amazing organ. It will extrapolate from the single eye image to create an image like you would see with two eyes based on what the one will see. It's basically making symetry assumptions, so certain things will be missed, but you can certainly see pretty damn well withonly one eye.

83574[/snapback]

I always thought he had an eye for goal. :(

83574[/snapback]

I always thought he had an eye for goal. :(

83585[/snapback]

As did Gordon Banks

Saw on Gazzetta Football Italia a story about a Paraguay player from a Serie B side who'd been in a car crash and had had to have one of his arms amputated.

THey said his career was over now.

If this bloke can play with one eye I'd have thought perhaps you could still play with one arm???

Saw on Gazzetta Football Italia a story about a Paraguay player from a Serie B side who'd been in a car crash and had had to have one of his arms amputated.

If this bloke can play with one eye I'd have thought perhaps you could still play with one arm???

83725[/snapback]

Foul throw! :huh:

Maybe he was a 'keeper. :search:

83725[/snapback]

83728[/snapback]

Nah he was an outfield player, striker I think.

Might effect his leverage for getting up for headers and high fives after scoring but he should still be able to play.

83725[/snapback]

83728[/snapback]

Might effect his leverage for getting up for headers and high fives after scoring but he should still be able to play.

83729[/snapback]

might not be able to run as fast by getting momentum from his arms?

83725[/snapback]

Maybe he was a 'keeper. :o

83728[/snapback]

83729[/snapback]

might not be able to run as fast by getting momentum from his arms?

83747[/snapback]

Or wank as fast for that matter! :search: