Football sex abuse scandal

Kevin Carr's Gloves

When I was 15 and a bit and tried out for the N's the only approach I got was from the old washer-woman who patted me on the bum as I walked by.  Does that count as sexual abuse  :blush2:

It does seem strange how it can happen to someone of that age.  You'd think you would fight back but unless it happens to you, you can never know.  It sounds like this cunt could spot he was vulnerable and knew how to take advantage of it.  Seems like it may be that he gets a thrill from taking advantage of someone and age isn't the driving factor.  Maybe that's the same with other paedos.

I note that Shepherd is trying to distance himself from it - pointing the finger at Fletcher who has, conveniently, died.

Our wrongdoing appears to be that we failed to alert the police and just sacked the guy - presumably to prevent any bad press. Fucking stupid decision though.

It seems that while the headline of that article is about the club, the bigger issue is that Northumbria police didn't do enough.  It seems that until today no one had ever claimed that this sick fuck had done anything while he was involved with the club and what he'd been investigated for was at Monty boys club.  You would have thought that they would have spoke to the club if he'd been involved with us in the intervening years.

Any accusations against the club seem to be being made without any suggestions that they knew he had done anything or any of our youngsters had made complaints against him.  They'd just been told by someone that accusations had been made against him.

That being said if someone has got rid of him because they had heard he could be a wrong un, you would have liked to have thought they would have passed it on to someone high enough at the club to start an investigation and inform the police.  

And my first thought when seeing Freddie Fletcher's name mentioned was that it was convenient for Shepherd to say that.  I hope they club are now conducting a thorough investigation and if someone (past or present) has covered something up, they get called out for it.

I note that Shepherd is trying to distance himself from it - pointing the finger at Fletcher who has, conveniently, died.

Our wrongdoing appears to be that we failed to alert the police and just sacked the guy - presumably to prevent any bad press. Fucking stupid decision though.

It's particularly bad given the stroke of 'luck' whereby Bell spotted Ormond hiding behind a bush outside where the council was housing refugees. But for that... Really bad that they just fired him and didn't bother to check what he'd been up to and support the victims.

It's particularly bad given the stroke of 'luck' whereby Bell spotted Ormond hiding behind a bush outside where the council was housing refugees. But for that... Really bad that they just fired him and didn't bother to check what he'd been up to and support the victims.

wtf :lol:  That's like something straight out of Paedogeddon.

wtf [emoji38] That's like something straight out of Paedogeddon.

[emoji38] It's a bizarre coincidence that he spotted someone, went over to check wtf he was doing and it turned out to be the bloke that abused him.

Like operation yewtree the thing I dont understand is why its taken this long for them all to come out at once, I mean they knew it was going on after it happened to them and to other kids so why keep quiet until now??

I guess it's becoming increasingly apparent that the shame attached to stuff like this keeps people quiet and that once someone breaks the silence, they all feel empowered to come forward. The fact that it has worked out the same as Yewtree would suggest that that's a normal reaction when you're a victim of something like this. Impossible to understand when you haven't been one.

I guess it's becoming increasingly apparent that the shame attached to stuff like this keeps people quiet and that once someone breaks the silence, they all feel empowered to come forward. The fact that it has worked out the same as Yewtree would suggest that that's a normal reaction when you're a victim of something like this. Impossible to understand when you haven't been one.

Totally agree with the last sentence, either way its horrible like

There was always a lot of very strange men involved in centres or excellence and academies, I never witnessed anything but I can imagine how easy it would be with a lot of kids who are desperate to make it as professionals. Shit state of affairs mind.

Freddie Fletcher was a money man, someone brought in for his business acumen and commercial expertise. I understand his title as chief executive, but would the actions of volunteer youth coaches really end up in his in tray?

I personally would have gone straight to my CEO with it given the possibility of it turning into a PR disaster, but I suppose it's possible it was passed up middle management until someone felt they were senior enough to deal with it.

Not sure we'll ever know, can't imagine it was a well documented decision.

Remember going back about 25 years and the story emerged in Heaton about this bloke who was a paedophile. He was well known in the community, so to speak, and he was also a scout master. My cousin went to the same scouts group and, although he wasn't a victim, when it all came out he said him and pretty much everyone else there had known about rumours about this bloke for years. I just thought about it relation to this and how you have weird code of it being an open secret to some people but they don't feel like they can tell anyone outside that circle about it. My cousin's parents knew this bloke quite well. He was always at barbeques at Heaton Stannington FC in the summer time and stuff like that and they were understandably upset because they never suspected a thing (and their son never mentioned it). He was seemingly happily married with kids and all that sort of thing too. He got done and sent down for it.

Edited by Alex

Remember going back about 25 years and the story emerged in Heaton about this bloke who was a paedophile. He was well known in the community, so to speak, and he was also a scout master. My cousin went to the same scouts group and, although he wasn't a victim, when it all came out he said him and pretty much everyone else there had known about rumours about this bloke for years. I just thought about it relation to this and how you have weird code of it being an open secret to some people but they don't feel like they can tell anyone outside that circle about it. My cousin's parents knew this bloke quite well. He was always at barbeques at Heaton Stannington FC in the summer time and stuff like that and they were understandably upset because they never suspected a thing (and their son never mentioned it). He was seemingly happily married with kids and all that sort of thing too. He got done and sent down for it.

I wonder if it's a case of not being certain about it for a lot of people though. There was a PE teacher at our school who was regularly talked about in this respect amongst the students - I was aware of the rumours but obviously had no actual reason to believe it was anything other than my classmates making stuff up.

That said, if you're talking more about a group who have been abused and who aren't talking about it, then perhaps the idea that they've somehow 'done something bad' by letting this happen to them is prevalent.

Yeah, I think that's probably a lot to do with it. I just mentioned it in passing really, because people often wonder how people get away with it for so long but it seems that a lot of these characters like to hide in plain site. You'd never think this 'normal' family man had a predilection for young boys. Your commonsense makes you expect it to be some loner or whatever. It's fucking scary the idea of it being someone you have no reason to suspect.