Newcastle United v Birmingham City - POLL RESTARTED

wykikitoon

Predict The Score   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I honestly don't think morale will be a problem- if anything, given the red cards being binned, I'd say we will be champing at the bit to get amongst these and give them a kicking.

I agree about the play-off situation being farcical, though.

The only way you could justify it is if it also applied to relegation.

It'd be quite fun to see a relegation play-off, as the winners of each match dropped out, the standard would get progressively more shitty, culminating in a turd-fest of a final, ( which should be held at Villa Park).

17th vs 18th played out in front of the world's media, so that when the last hope of survival drifts out of play on the far side and the final whistle goes, all those people who've paid princely sums to support their side to the end, realise it's all been a waste of time and money because the showers of shit that don't deserve to wear the shirt have let them down once more. The camera pans along the row as pain, fury and sorrow show on the faces of the beleaguered fans, then cuts back to a relegated peacock swapping shirts and a joke with his erstwhile opponent.

And the rest of the football world rushes to social media to pour yet more misery on the relegated fanbase with shit puns and worse memes.

I, for one am, fully behind that.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, I'd start him then maybe take him off after 50 minutes or so? 

The terms and phrases being used at the minute are surprising me. "Getting points on the board", "turn this round", and the like. We're top of the league, we lost a cup game against Premier League opposition on penalties and the Forest game cannot be a cause for concern as it was void as a contest as soon as Dummett saw red.

The Blackburn game was shit and a disappointment, but the other two losses have sufficient mitigating factors that I'm not worried at all.

I think we need to re-assert ourselves again. We look vulnerable and we need to get back to being a team no one anticipates beating. Moreover, Brighton do look like they're going to keep pace...

I think we need to re-assert ourselves again. We look vulnerable and we need to get back to being a team no one anticipates beating. Moreover, Brighton do look like they're going to keep pace...

They're not in great form either, but I agree we need to remind this congress of bottom feeder just exactly who they're fucking with. Another 6-0 should do it.

re: Brighton, they have a core group of players who seem to play every game. A couple of injuries, or just tired legs over the Christmas period and they may drop points because of the lack of depth.

Seen we've been the biggest draws for tv audiences in the Championship?

Hopefully might mean we're on tv more often in the 2nd half of the season.

From The Mag

These are the 7 Newcastle Live TV Games now scheduled up to the end of February 2017:

Wed 14 December Wigan v Newcastle 7.45pm

Mon 26 December Newcastle v Sheff Wed 7.45pm

Mon 2 January Blackburn v Newcastle 3pm

Mon 16 January Brentford v Newcastle 8pm (***)

Wed 1 February Newcastle v QPR 7.45pm

Sat 11 February Wolves v Newcastle 5.30pm

Mon 20 February Newcastle v Aston Villa 8pm (****)

(***If Newcastle or Brentford need an FA Cup third round replay, then this match will be rescheduled.)

(****If Newcastle or Aston Villa reach the FA Cup fifth round, this match would almost certainly be rescheduled.)

I honestly don't think morale will be a problem- if anything, given the red cards being binned, I'd say we will be champing at the bit to get amongst these and give them a kicking.

I agree about the play-off situation being farcical, though.

The only way you could justify it is if it also applied to relegation.

It'd be quite fun to see a relegation play-off, as the winners of each match dropped out, the standard would get progressively more shitty, culminating in a turd-fest of a final, ( which should be held at Villa Park).

I think there was only one time this happened in the top league, Charlton 'won/kept' their top flight status at the expense of the three Div 2 sides. It also relegated the mackems into the 3rd (THIRD) division when they finished 3rd bottom of div 2 and went out on away goals to 3rd div Gillingham. Lawrie 'Mag'Menemy fucked them up and left just in time for Stokoe go take them down as a caretaker although unlike Rafa and Shearer it wasn't his fault, natch.

NUFC To Score

0 - sammynb

1 - wykikitoon, Kevin Carr's Gloves

2 - ChezGiven, tooner, ewerk, Dr Gloom, StoneColdStephenIreland, Rayvin, Happy Face, OTF, Ant, barnabox, strawb, @yourservice, Tom

3 - Howay, Monkeys Fist, MiddleAgeCool, rogerbarton, The Fish, Andrew, Kitman, aimaad22, scoobos, ohhh_yeah

4+ - David Kelly, Anorthernsoul

NUFC To Concede

0 - ChezGiven, wykikitoon, Howay, Monkeys Fist, Kevin Carr's Gloves, The Fish, ewerk, David Kelly, StoneColdStephenIreland, Rayvin, Happy Face, Kitman, OTF, Ant, barnabox, aimaad22, strawb, scoobos, ohhh_yeah, Tom

1 - tooner, MiddleAgeCool, rogerbarton, Dr Gloom, Andrew, Anorthernsoul, @yourservice

2 - sammynb

3 - 

4+ -