Newcastle United v Birmingham City - POLL RESTARTED

wykikitoon

Predict The Score   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be tempted to shelve Shelvey, he might be all riled up and it'd be fucking typical if he escaped punishment for the Lansbury incident and went in two footed on some no mark from Birmingham.

Hayden was superb last game and playing him alongside Diame might bring Ritchie and Atsu/Gouffran into the game more, instead of us always looking for Shelvey?

I'd be tempted to shelve Shelvey, he might be all riled up and it'd be fucking typical if he escaped punishment for the Lansbury incident and went in two footed on some no mark from Birmingham.

Hayden was superb last game and playing him alongside Diame might bring Ritchie and Atsu/Gouffran into the game more, instead of us always looking for Shelvey?

I think it would be wise to start resting a few ahead of Christmas also.  I really like Hayden, seems pretty solid.

I think it would be wise to start resting a few ahead of Christmas also.  I really like Hayden, seems pretty solid.

We've the biggest and best squad in the Championship, we can rotate our squad without dropping the standard too muich. Far more so than any of the other teams up at the top of the table. 

I know he gets some shit on here, but Mitrovic is a much better option most teams have in lieu of their first choice striker. Lascelles, Clark, Mbemba and even Hanley would walk into most Championship sides. 

Unlike most Christmas periods before, in this one we have a chance to kick on while others are struggling with the fixture list.

Yeah I agree Wyki our Christmas schedule could be 4 games in 12 days if the FA Cup game is played on the 7th as expected. So trying to rest a few would be a good idea our Christmas schedule looks like this.

26th Dec Sheffield Wednesday (h)

30th Dec Nottingham Forest (h)

2nd Jan Blackburn Rovers (a)

7th Jan Birmingham City FA Cup (a)

I do tend to agree with that, however a counterpoint would be that we need to get used to playing without him in competitive games.

Could maybe play him and then sub off once game is won? Assuming we can shift formation appropriately.

The main thing has to be getting points on the board though.

Could maybe play him and then sub off once game is won? Assuming we can shift formation appropriately.

The main thing has to be getting points on the board though.

Aye, I'd start him then maybe take him off after 50 minutes or so? 

The terms and phrases being used at the minute are surprising me. "Getting points on the board", "turn this round", and the like. We're top of the league, we lost a cup game against Premier League opposition on penalties and the Forest game cannot be a cause for concern as it was void as a contest as soon as Dummett saw red.

The Blackburn game was shit and a disappointment, but the other two losses have sufficient mitigating factors that I'm not worried at all.

I can see we're your coming from Mr The Fish but I think morale will be a bit low having lost 3 games on the trot. Yes we're still top but we must get back to winning games i'd much rather we finish top 2 top if possible than get sucked into those bloody awful play offs. I never agreed with the play offs it should be top 3 up bottom 3 down. How a team could finish 6th & have a chance at promotion just doesn't seem right.

I honestly don't think morale will be a problem- if anything, given the red cards being binned, I'd say we will be champing at the bit to get amongst these and give them a kicking.

I agree about the play-off situation being farcical, though.

The only way you could justify it is if it also applied to relegation.

It'd be quite fun to see a relegation play-off, as the winners of each match dropped out, the standard would get progressively more shitty, culminating in a turd-fest of a final, ( which should be held at Villa Park).